From Wikizilla.org, the Godzilla, Gamera, Kong and Kaiju Wiki
In the real world
- Hajime Tsuburaya, who served as the head of Tsuburaya Productions following his father's death, passes away on February 9.
- Godzilla vs. Megalon is released on March 17 in Japan.
- Son of Godzilla is re-released on August 1 in Japan.
- King Kong Escapes is re-released on December 20 in Japan.
- Submersion of Japan is released on December 29 in Japan.
- Fireman runs from January 7 to July 31 in Japan.
- Jumborg Ace runs from January 17 to December 29 in Japan.
- Zone Fighter runs from April 2 to September 24 in Japan.
- The first episode of Ultraman Taro airs on April 6 in Japan.
In the Kaiju Multiverse
- Monster Island is destroyed by an underground nuclear test. Angered by such tests, an underwater civilization called Seatopia sends forth their monster god Megalon to destroy the surface world. Gigan arrives on Earth to assist. Fortunately, Godzilla and a humanoid robot named Jet Jaguar arrive and team up to fight the two monsters, eventually driving Megalon back underground and forcing Gigan back into space. (Godzilla vs. Megalon)
- Godman's various battles with multiple kaiju, Including several from the Godzilla series, come to a conclusion. (Go! Godman)
- Just as soon as Godman's battles conclude, some of the monsters he fought and some new ones return to attack Japan once again, in an attempt by the Devil King, Maoh, to free himself from the underworld. Now, a new hero is called upon, Greenman. (Go! Greenman)
- The Garogas attack Planet Peaceland, and kill all its occupants except a single family, who escape to Earth. (Zone Fighter)
- Gamera fights several Gyaos, and sacrifices himself to save a small village. (Gamera the Brave)
- The scientific organization Monarch, together with a NASA Landsat team and escorted by the Sky Devils helicopter squadron, embarks on a secret expedition to the mythical Skull Island, where it encounters countless previously-undiscovered gigantic species, as well as the native Iwi tribe. The expedition's activities awaken ravenous monsters called Skullcrawlers, which threaten all other life on the island. However, the island's resident guardian, the giant ape known as Kong, kills the largest Skullcrawler and firmly establishes himself as the god of the island. Surviving expedition members are successfully extracted and brought back to civilization, while Monarch covers up the events that have transpired. (Kong: Skull Island)
Showing 2 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.