GODZILLA: Part 2 (2018)
||This article concerns an upcoming subject, and will be updated with new information as it arises.|
| This article's name is conjectural. Thus, the page's title may not be correct.
If a correct name is found, edit the article to include the name or ask an admin to change the page's name.
GODZILLA: Part 2 (ＧＯＤＺＩＬＬＡ 決戦機動増殖都市 Gojira Kessen Kidō Zōshoku Toshi?, lit. GODZILLA: Mobile Battle Proliferation City) is an upcoming anime science fiction kaiju film produced by Toho Animation and animated by Polygon Pictures, and the second entry in a trilogy of animated Godzilla films. It will be released to Japanese theaters in May 2018.
The title and release date of the second entry in the GODZILLA anime trilogy were announced on November 17, 2017, the day of the release of GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters. In addition, the first teaser image for the film was released, showing several humans standing in front of Mechagodzilla lying on the ground. The news release for the film on the official godzilla-anime.com website states that the plot will revolve around a strange "city" that still exists on Earth 20,000 years into the future. The website later promised that the film would feature a battle between Godzilla Earth, the gigantic 300 meter Godzilla seen at the end of the previous film, and Mechagodzilla.
On January 26, Toho and Polygon announced that a stage presentation for GODZILLA: Part 2 would take place at AnimeJapan 2018 on March 25 in Tokyo. Mamoru Miyano, Takahiro Sakurai, Tomokazu Sugita, Yuki Kaji, and Junichi Suwabe will all be present at the event. On January 29, Toho announced that a presentation for the film would also be held at Winter Wonder Festival 2018 on February 18, and that a three-dimensional model of Godzilla Earth and some United Earth equipment would be displayed during the event.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Kobun Shizuno, Hiroyuki Seshita
- Written by Gen Urobuchi
- Production Design by Naoya Tanaka, Ferdinando Patulli
- Assistant Directing by Hiroyuki Morita
- Series Composition by Gen Urobuchi, Yusuke Kozaki
- Technical Directing by Naohiro Yoshihira
- CG Character Design by Yuki Moriyama
- Model Directing by Mitsunori Kataama
- Art Directing by Yukihiro Shibutani
- Color Key Art by Hironori Nochi
- Sound Directing by Satoshi Motoyama
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Mamoru Miyano as Captain Haruo Sakaki
- Takahiro Sakurai as Colonel Metphies
- Tomokazu Sugita as Major Martin Lazzari
- Yuki Kaji as Lieutenant Adam Bindewald
- Junichi Suwabe as Technical Officer Mulu-Elu Galu-Gu
Weapons, Vehicles, and Races
- GODZILLA: Mobile Battle Proliferation City (Literal Japanese Title)
- GODZILLA: The City Mechanized for the Final Battle (Alternate Translation)
- AniGoji 2 (アニゴジ２?, Japanese Abbreviated Title)
- Main article: Godzilla: Part 2/Gallery.
This is a list of references for Godzilla: Part 2. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 14 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.