Kong: King of the Apes
"Set in 2050, Kong becomes a wanted fugitive after wrecking havoc at Alcatraz Island’s Natural History and Marine Preserve. What most humans on the hunt for the formidable animal don’t realize, though, is that Kong was framed by an evil genius who plans to terrorize the world with an army of enormous robotic dinosaurs. As the only beast strong enough to save humanity from the mechanical dinos, Kong must rely on the help of three kids who know the truth about him." The show content only differs from this pre-release synopsis in that the "three kids" are in fact two kids and three adults.
Kong: King of the Apes was renewed for a second season set to premiere in 2017. It will feature Lucas Remy, Danny Kwan, and Francisca in a prehistoric underground world, where they must face real dinosaurs and giant insects.
- King Kong
- Giant Anaconda
- Kong: King of the Apes
- Snake in the Grass
- Kong in 3D
- Poacher's Prize
- King's Ransom
- Little Bots, Big Problems
- Bionic Arms Race
- Honey I Shrunk the Kong
- Kong on Ice
- Kong: King of the Apes shares some connections with the previous animated series featuring King Kong, Kong: The Animated Series, due to its production company, 41 Entertainment, splitting off from BKN International, who produced the previous series, and taking with it the animation rights to Kong.
- The theme music for Kong: King of the Apes is actually a remix of the theme from Kong: The Animated Series, with the most notable difference being the removal of the chanting of "Kong".
- Kong: King of the Apes also shares its writer, Sean Catherine Derek, with its predecessor.
- The Pteranodon concept art created for this show is a direct reference to the final scene of the film The Lost World: Jurassic Park, which featured a Pteranodon striking an identical pose.
This is a list of references for Kong: King of the Apes. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 5 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.