Kaiju: Island of Fire
|This article concerns an upcoming subject, and will be updated with new information as it arises.|
The gates of hell have opened
Kaiju: Island of Fire is an upcoming independent Japanese kaiju film written and directed by Andrew L Phillips and produced by North Star Pictures JP. It will star Wes Wing, Thelma Rún Heimisdóttir, Toshihiro Wakita, Emma Stuart-Box, Yutaka Nozawa, Michael Cristoph, and Michael Wayne Herrington Jr. Planned as the first of a series, it has a tentative 2023 release date.
When a geological anomaly is discovered by a team of scientists on an ancient Japanese Island. After the members of a construction team, who were in the process of building a new military base there, go missing, a combined military and science task force is sent to investigate. Once on the island, the task force encounters a foreboding, fiery landscape now home to a strange and terrifying creature, capable of destroying them...and all who venture near!
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Andrew L Phillips
- Written by Andrew L Phillips
- Assistant producer Wes Wing
- Executive producer James Christy
- Music by Mike Trebilcock
- Edited by Andrew L Phillips
- Cinematography by Andrew L Phillips
- Consulting producer Avery Guerra
- Special effects consultant Hiroshi Katagiri
- Visual effects supervisor Duncan Buckley
- Creature designer Kakeru Haraguchi
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Thelma Rún Heimisdóttir as Björnsdóttir
- Toshihiro Wakita as Ogami
- Emma Stuart-Box as Watts
- Yutaka Nozawa as Miura
- Michael Cristoph as Nielsen
- Michael Wayne Herrington Jr. as Jones
- Kent Gilbert as General Beech
- Chuck Wilson as General of the Air Force McTiernan
- Tomoko Ai as Dr. Junko Tachikawa
- Inge Murata as Dr. Katerina Nielsen
- Tom Constantine as Briar
- Robert Scott Field as O'Kane
- Duncan Buckley as Duncan Buckley
- Key as Locke
- Cedric Watine as Guerre
- Eri Nishimoto as Tachikawa
- Wes Wing as Davis
- Phil Atherton as Phil English
- Cedric Watine as Guerre
- Fire kaiju
Development on Kaiju: Island of Fire dates back to at least 2019. It has cast several veteran actors who previously appeared in kaiju films, citing the works of 3Y Film like Nezura 1964 and Hoshi 35 as inspiration.
To be added.
This is a list of references for Kaiju: Island of Fire. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 15 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.