- This article covers the Showa incarnation of Moguera. For the Heisei incarnation of the character, see M.O.G.U.E.R.A..
Moguera's name is derived from mogura, the Japanese word for mole. This is because, in addition to being a combat robot, the machine also displays the ability to dig.
Moguera was a war machine created by the Mysterians. They sent Moguera to attack a village and destroy its shrine. Moguera moved up the river and was attacked by policemen. Moguera then destroyed a power plant, and then attacked a town. It was attacked by the military, but their weapons had no effect. Moguera was defeated when it tried to cross a bridge that was rigged to explode.
Moguera (No. 2)
After the first Moguera was destroyed, another Moguera named Moguera No. 2 (モゲラ(2号) was released and it attacked from underground. It dug up too close to a Mogera (2-gō))Markalite Cannon, which collapsed on it, destroying the machine.
Moguera appears as a background character in the addition and subtraction Get Going! Godzilland OVAs. Moguera is frequently seen burrowing or popping out of the ground, but never has any dialogue or interaction with the other kaiju. In the opening sequence, Moguera can be seen with its upper body poking out of the ground while holding an umbrella with a small ornament of a Mysterian hanging from it.
Moguera appeared in the TV show Godzilla Island, and was known as Proto-Moguera (プロトモゲラ so that it wouldn't be mistaken for the Puroto Mogera)other Moguera that appeared in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla. Proto-Moguera was ultimately stolen by Zaguresu after Black Mechagodzilla was captured by G-Guard. Proto-Moguera was then sent retreating into space with Zaguresu after Torema piloted the superior Mechagodzilla against it.
- Moguera can fire beams from its eyes
- Moguera emits a high temperature
- Moguera has the ability to burrow
- The Mysterians (1957)
- Adevnture! Godzilland 2 (TV 1993) [Animated segments]
- Get Going! Godzilland (1996)
- Godzilla Island (TV 1997)
- Godzilla: Monster of Monsters
- Godzilla: Trading Battle
- Godzilla Generations
- Godzilla: Kaiju Collection
- Bandai Namco's Godzilla (Kaiju Guide)
Appearing on the first world, the giant mech Moguera will follow Godzilla and Mothra throughout the game, attacking them on each world. Moguera lacks versatility as he is only able to walk across the stage rather slowly, usually in response to the player's movement; in fact, if the player advances on Moguera there is a chance he will back himself into the corner. On top of that, a strange glitch triggers that makes Moguera unable to attack or fight back at all until the player moves backwards. Moguera can jump, not very well however, but it will still be enough to knock Mothra to the ground if she is too close. While Moguera lacks the maneuverability of Gezora, he makes up for it with fire power as his Eye Beam will deal noticeable damage to either Godzilla or Mothra; furthermore, the beam is incredibly accurate and its very rare that either Godzilla or Mothra will be able to dodge it. Moguera has two variations on his Eye Beam, one a bright red and the other a brown; which he uses depends on who he is fighting against, bright red against Godzilla and brown against Mothra. The difference in the beams, however, is purely cosmetic.
- Main article: Godzilla (2014 video game)/Kaiju Guide#Moguera.
- Main article: Moguera/Gallery.
Like the Heisei Moguera, the original Moguera did not have an actual roar, although its weapons and attacks did make sounds.
- Moguera was the first mecha to appear in a Toho film.
- During initial story development, Moguera was originally envisioned to be a fully living biological creature, with related early concept designs showing off a quadrupedal reptilian mole-like monster. Ultimately, however, the production staff changed Moguera to a robot in order to differentiate it from previous Toho film monsters.
- In Godzilla: Final Wars, a boy is seen playing with Godzilla toys, and a specific figure among the toys is the Showa Moguera.
- A second version of Moguera, given the designation M.O.G.U.E.R.A., appears in the Heisei series film Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, where it is constructed from the remains of Mechagodzilla by G-Force to combat Godzilla.
- In the TV show Sonic X, when the team ventures into a volcano, they are attacked by a monster that is almost identical to the Showa Moguera.
This is a list of references for Moguera. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: