Welcome to Wikizilla, the Godzilla encyclopedia! We are currently working on over 3,220 articles and we welcome your contributions. You can check out the new pages, recent changes, and statistics.
Need help? Please visit our Help section. Questions? If you've got questions you can ask any administrator, post them in the main page discussion, or you can simply visit our forum and ask there. If you need edit-specific help, check out our editing help page.
If you're a new user, check out our New User Guide!
Have fun, and we hope to see you around!
To create a new article, type the page's title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Remember to read our Policy before editing.
- If you're a new user, check out the New User Guide!
- Check out a list of Wikizilla's Site Projects here.
- If you see an error, be it factual, grammatical, or otherwise, in any of our articles, please fix it!
- Always remember to cite reliable sources for claims or news. Fan sites, blogs, and random YouTube videos are not reliable sources.
- To add fanon, go to the Zilla Fanon Wiki.
|| Who will be eradicated, man, or Godzilla. (滅びるのは、人か、ゴジラか。)
GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters (ＧＯＤＺＩＬＬＡ 怪獣惑星 Gojira Kaijū Wakusei?, lit. GODZILLA: Monster Planet) is an anime science fiction kaiju film produced by Toho Animation and animated by Polygon Pictures, and the first entry in a trilogy of animated Godzilla films. It was released to Japanese theaters on November 17, 2017, and became available to stream worldwide on Netflix on January 17, 2018.
At the dawn of the 21st century, the Earth became overrun by terrifying gigantic creatures known as kaiju. Humanity's military might was no match for these beasts, and millions of people perished at their hands. The most infamous among the kaiju was Godzilla, an unstoppable monster that killed everything in his path, be it monster or man...
Read more »
Previously Featured Articles
Kaiju Profile: Minilla - watch on YouTube
This video focuses on the Showa, Go! Greenman and Godzilla: Final Wars incarnations of Minilla and goes into detail about their abilities, design details, origins and additional trivia.
In the News
Today is March 22, 2018.
- [3/19/18] Toho and Polygon release new material for the second entry in the GODZILLA anime trilogy, including a new poster, new cast and character details, and information regarding the film's theme song, "THE SKY FALLS," which will once again be performed by XAI. In addition, the official website is updated with an English description and plot synopsis, which reveal the film's official English title as GODZILLA: City on the Edge of Battle. (src)
- [3/12/18] Shonen Jump announces that the GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters manga adaptation will be launched on the Jump+ app on March 29. (src)
- [3/5/18] The Japanese theatrical release date for GODZILLA: Part 2 is announced as May 18, 2018. In addition, new concept art and plot details are revealed for the film. (src)
- [3/4/18] At the 90th Academy Awards, Kong: Skull Island loses Best Achievement in Visual Effects to Blade Runner 2049. Haruo Nakajima is honored during the show's "In Memoriam" segment. (src)
- [2/26/18] Toho announces that GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in Japan on May 16. (src)
- [2/23/18] Arrow Video announces that it will be releasing all three entries in Toho's Bloodthirsty Trilogy of vampire films on Blu-ray in the United States and United Kingdom on the 14 and 15 of May. (src)
- [2/22/18] BOOM! Studios announces the Kong of Skull Island 2018 Special, the company's next one-shot graphic novel based on the Kong of Skull Island property, which will be published in May 2018. (src)
- [2/21/18] Actor Ren Osugi, who played Prime Minister Seiji Okouchi in Shin Godzilla, passes away at the age of 66. (src)
- [2/4/18] The Cloverfield Paradox becomes available to stream on Netflix immediately following the conclusion of Super Bowl LII.
- [1/18/18] It is reported that actor Yosuke Natsuki, who starred as Detective Shindo in Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster and Dr. Hayashida in The Return of Godzilla, passed away on January 14 at the age of 81. (src)
- [1/17/18] GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters becomes available to stream worldwide via Netflix.
- [1/6/18] Netflix announces that GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters will become available to stream worldwide on January 17.
- [12/25/17] Shonen Jump announces that a manga adaptation of GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters illustrated by Youth Kurahashi will be serialized on the Jump+ app and the manga website Z in March 2018. (src)
- [11/17/17] GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters is released to Japanese theaters. In addition, the Japanese title, release date, and first teaser image for the second entry in the GODZILLA anime trilogy are revealed. (src)
- [11/1/17] Ten Showa Godzilla films, along with Rodan and The War of the Gargantuas, become available to stream on STARZ. Thumbnails for each film label them as part of the Criterion Collection. (src)
► News archive
Image of the Week
The Quote Archive
|| When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.
— Metphies addresses Godzilla Earth (GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters)
||This wiki is a member of the Tokupedia Hub.