Horror of the Wolf (1973)
Horror of the Wolf (狼の紋章 is a Ōkami no Monshō, lit. Crest of the Wolf)1973 Japanese horror film co-produced by Toho Pictures and Toho Eizo and distributed by Toho. It is an adaptation of the manga Wolf Guy written by Kazumasa Hirai and illustrated by Hisashi Sakaguchi. It was released to Japanese theaters on September 1, 1973.
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
- Main article: Horror of the Wolf/Credits.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Masashi Matsumoto
- Written by Fumio Ishimori, Jun Fukuda, Masashi Matsumoto
- Based on the Wolf Guy manga by Kazumasa Hirai
- Executive producer Osamu Tanaka
- Music by Riichiro Manabe
- Theme songs "Horror of the Wolf" and "The Wolf's Parade" performed by Jiro Sugita
- Lyrics by Norio Furumata, Fumiko Okada, Masashi Matsumoto
- Composed by Riichiro Manabe
- Cinematography by Shoji Ueda
- Edited by Isao Takeda
- Production design by Kazuo Takenaka
- 1st assistant director Masahiro Nara
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Taro Shigaki as Akira Inugami, Wolf Guy
- Yoshi Shinshiki as Akira Inugami (child)
- Yoko Ichiji (as Shoko Aki) as Akiko Aoshika
- Noriko Kimura as Michiko Honda
- Yusaku Matsuda as Haguro
- Toshitaka Ito as Rikiya Kuroda
- Toshio Kurosawa as Shinmei
- Sayoko Kato as Ryuko Konuma
- Masanobu Sawai as Oga
- Masao Imanishi as Principal Onuki
- Koichi Hayashi as Professor Moritsuka
- Kotaro Tomita as Tadokoro
- Toku Nishio as Magawa
- Koji Kawamura as Takeo Haguro
- Ranko Mizuki as Fumi Tozaki
- Koichi Ueda as Gang member
- Akihiko Nishijima as Student
- Ryo Horikawa, Mikio Ozawa, Koji Miemachi, Masakazu Wakihira, Mikio Shiozaki, Kiyokazu Nemoto, Fumio Niikura, Junichi Nakajima as Others
- Kensho Yamashita as Inugami's father (uncredited)
- Takuya Yuki, Kazuo Imai, Shizuko Azuma as Teachers (uncredited)
- Main article: Horror of the Wolf/Gallery.
- Crest of the Wolf (狼の紋章 Ōkami no Monshō, literal Japanese title)
- Japan - September 1, 1973
Toho DVD (2006)
- Region: 2
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese
- Special features: Audio commentary by Masashi Matsumoto.
- Notes: Re-released as "limited price edition" on February 7, 2014, then again as part of the Toho DVD Masterpiece Selection on August 19, 2015.
- Horror of the Wolf was notable among Toho's films, which were usually family-friendly entertainment films, for featuring strong depictions of violence and sexual situations, giving it the reputation of an exploitation film.
- Another Wolf Guy film, simply titled Wolf Guy, this time an adaptation of the Adult Wolf Guy novel series, was released by Toei only two years after Horror of the Wolf.
- Kensho Yamashita, later the director of Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, appears uncredited in this film as Inugami's father.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.