Richard A. Baker is a former American special effects makeup creator and actor. Famous for his creature effects and designs, Baker won the Academy Award for Best Makeup a record seven times from a record eleven nominations. His first time winning the award came from his work on An American Werewolf in London in 1981. Prior to this, Baker was responsible for the King Kong costume in the 1976 remake, which he also wore onscreen. Baker's protege Rob Bottin, who got his start in film working under Baker on King Kong, later became famous in his own right for his work on films such as The Thing. Baker retired in 2017, with his final role coming in the film Rings.
- King Kong (1976) - Designer and modeler (King Kong)
- Mighty Joe Young (1998) - Designer and modeler (Joe Young)
- Volkswagen 411: King Kong (1972) as King Kong
- King Kong (1976) as King Kong
- King Kong Lives (1986) as King Kong [stock footage, uncredited]
- King Kong (2005) as biplane gunner
Baker sculpts the King Kong suit
- Rick Baker is referenced in the 2019 film Godzilla: King of the Monsters through the name of the character Sergeant Baker.
- Baker provided the cover quote for former Godzilla series monster modeler Shinichi Wakasa's 2017 book Godzilla - King of Monstermaker.
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.