|This article has been marked for deletion.
Reason: This page does not qualify for coverage on Wikizilla under a new policy to clearly define the films and shows that fall within our scope.
Conflagration (東京湾炎上 is a Tōkyōwan Enjō, lit. Tokyo Bay Burns)1975 tokusatsu disaster film co-produced by Toho Eizo and Toho Pictures. The film is loosely based on the 1974 novel Critical Explosion by Koji Tanaka. It was released to Japanese theaters by Toho on July 12, 1975.
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
To be added.
- Main article: Conflagration/Credits.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Director of special effects Teruyoshi Nakano
- 1st assistant director of special effects Koichi Kawakita
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
International English dub
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- Arabian Light
- F-104J Starfighter
- Akizuki-class patrol craft (PC-64 Akizuki)
- OH-6J Cayuse
- UH-1 Iroquois
- Main article: Conflagration/Gallery.
- Tokyo Bay Burns (literal Japanese title)
- The Explosion (Japanese poster title, DVD title)
- High Seas Hijack (United States)
- Steel Inferno (Teräshelvetti; Finland)
- The Great Explosion: 200,000t of Fire (La Grande Explosion 200 000 T. de Feu; France)
- Terror in the World (Terreur sur le Monde; France)
- Assault on the Colossus of the Seas (Atentado al Coloso de los Mares; Peru)
- The Ocean in Flames (El Océano en Llamas; Spain)
- Great Alarm of Tokyo Bay (Storlarm i Tokyo Bay; Sweden)
- Hellish Ride into the Unknown (Höllenfahrt ins Ungewisse; West Germany)
- Terrorist Conflagration (Conflagração Terrorista; Brazil)
- Explosion (Italy)
- Japan - July 12, 1975
- Sweden - August 2, 1976
- Peru - September 23, 1976
- West Germany - June 3, 1977
- France - August 24, 1977
- United States - September 14, 1977 [view poster]
- Finland - November 25, 1977 (Turku)
- Italy - 1978
In 1976, Conflagration was acquired by Pine-Thomas Productions through its subsidiary Cinema Producers Alliance for release in the United States. Retitled High Seas Hijack, John Bushelman was tapped to direct additional footage starring Peter Graves and Gigi Perreau, who was making her first theatrical film in a decade. Although BoxOffice reported on September 6, 1976, that post production had been completed, High Seas Hijack was not released until over a year later. It entered four-wall distribution on September 14, 1977, in the Pacific Northwest, but was ultimately seldom seen theatrically. Henry G. Saperstein's UPA Productions of America acquired television rights for High Seas Hijack not long after its brief theatrical run.
Toho VHS (1994)
- Tapes: 1
- Audio: Japanese
Toho DVD (2005)
- Region: 2
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese (Mono, 5.1 Surround)
- Subtitles: Japanese
- Special features: Audio commentary by Katsumune Ishida and Tetsu Nakamura, theatrical trailer, interview with Teruyoshi Nakano, galleries of production stills and set scenery
- Notes: Re-released on November 8, 2013 in a limited edition and on August 19, 2015 as part of the Toho DVD Masterpiece Selection.
DeAGOSTINI Japan DVD (2011)
- Region: 2
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese
- Special features: None
- Notes: Released as part of the Toho Special Effects Movie DVD Collection.
Though Conflagration is not available on Blu-ray, an HD version can be rented or purchased on the Japanese versions of Amazon and iTunes.
- The film was screened simultaneously with Go For It! Young Guy (がんばれ！若大将. Ganbare! Wakadaishō)
- Stock footage from Conflagration would be reused for Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla, and Godzilla: Final Wars.
This is a list of references for Les/Sandbox/The Explosion. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.