These are the Godzilla films I would alter:
Godzilla Raids Again:
- Push back the release date so the film won't look like it was rushed.
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster:
- Remove the two spikes from Rodan's beak, shape the tail more like a diamond instead of tail feathers and also shorten the neck a little so that it won't look too long.
Invasion of Astro-Monster:
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep:
- Push back the release date to February of 1967.
- Replace Godzilla with Sanda as the main protagonist of the film.
- After Mothra gets awakened, have her aid Sanda against Ebirah instead of Ebirah getting defeated before her arrival on Letchi Island, and also not have her and Sanda fight each other.
Son of Godzilla:
Destroy All Monsters:
- Have the body build and tail length of the SoshingekiGoji suit be more like the MosuGoji suit's so that it won't look scrawny with a short tail and also have the head be shaped more similarly to the KingGoji suit's.
- Have the entire head of the Rodan suit except for the eyes more closely resemble the suit used in 1956.
- Have Mothra in her imago stage instead of her larval stage.
- Replace Minilla and Kumonga with Maguma, who was originally supposed to be in the movie, and Sanda.
- Re-add the dragon-like horns onto the new Manda design.
- Remove the Kilaaks and the Fire Dragon from the film and change the entire plot of the movie to King Ghidorah, after defeating and nearly killing Godzilla in the ocean, seizing control of Monsterland and unleashing the monsters that resided there across the globe under his mind control, with Mothra eventually finding and nurses Godzilla with the two eventually joining forces to save the world in the first act, Godzilla fighting his allies to free them from King Ghidorah's control in the second act and Godzilla and his monster army fighting King Ghidorah one last time on Mount Fuji in the third act.
- Have the second act fights be 3 minutes long and also go as followed:
- Push back the release date to December of 1969, the latest time the film could be released before the death of Eiji Tsuburaya, so that there will be time to make new suits for Varan, Maguma, Baragon and Sanda and have all the monsters actually fight King Ghidorah.
- Change the title of the film to Godzilla: Assemble All Monsters.
All Monsters Attack-Godzilla vs. Hedorah:
Godzilla vs. Gigan:
Godzilla vs. Megalon:
- Push back the release date so that they wouldn't have to rely on stock footage to get the film finished, it would also give them more time to make the practical effects look better, as well as working on the new MegaroGoji suit some more to the point where it looks exactly like the version from the next film, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla:
Terror of Mechagodzilla:
Godzilla vs. Biollante:
- Add the two deleted scenes into the actual movie itself.
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah:
Godzilla vs. Mothra:
- Change the release date to December of 1991.
- Replace Koichi Kawakita with Shinji Higuchi and Makoto Kamiya as the main special effects director(s) of the film.
- Remove Godzilla from the film, replace him with Battra as the main antagonist of the film, and change the title of the film to Mothra vs. Battra, Godzilla just did not have a purpose to be in the film.
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II:
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla:
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah:
Godzilla (1998 film):
Godzilla 2000: Millennium:
- Change its release date to early November of 2005, since the series was originally intended to start again in that year, and change the title of the film to Godzilla 2005.
- Replace the MireGoji suit with the KiryuGoji suit and change the color of Godzilla's atomic breath back to blue.
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus:
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack:
- Change the release date to early November of 2009.
- Keep Varan from the original draft instead of replacing him with the more popular King Ghidorah.
- Replace Anguirus with Manda instead of the more popular Mothra with his design from Godzilla: Final Wars as his main look in this movie instead and his subtitle labeled as "The Jade Freezing Monster".
- Change the title of the film to Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Manda: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.
- Have it take place after Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S..
- Have Baragon use his flame ray in the film's climax when he merges with his temple statue and returns to aid Varan and Manda against Godzilla.
Godzilla vs. Gamera (unmade 2002 film):
- Have it actually made and also have it take place between Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Manda: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack and Godzilla: Final Wars in order to conclude the reborn original Godzilla's story.
- Have Shusuke Kaneko direct it, with Kow Otani composing for the movie, Isao Tomita making edits to the film and Makoto Kamiya directing the special effects for the film.
- Have the film be released on early November of 2010.
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla:
- Change the release date to early November of 2007.
- Have the film take place after Godzilla vs. Megaguirus and have the 1999 Tateyama attack be one of the prior attacks of the second Godzilla before Godzilla 2005 could take place.
- After getting hit by Kiryu's rockets in their first battle, have Godzilla walk forward towards him to retaliate and have the walk then turn into charging as Kiryu fires his missiles and maser at him before eventually beating up Kiryu once he got close enough to him, resulting in the first defeat. Also save Kiryu going berserk for the next movie.
Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.:
- Change the release date to early November of 2008.
- Have Mothra actually follow through with her warning that she would declare war on humanity if the original Godzilla's remains were not returned to the sea which would eventually lead to a three-way battle between Godzilla, Mothra and Kiryu featuring no team-ups between any of the monsters.
- Remove the twin Mothra Larvae from the film and also have the reveal of Mothra's egg on Infant Island be the post-end credits scene of the movie instead of several cryogenic tanks containing DNA of various other monsters in an AMF laboratory.
- Have Kiryu go berserk before the Imago Mothra's death, and also have him be the one to kill her instead of Godzilla. After that, have the roles of Godzilla and Kiryu eventually be reversed with Godzilla defeating the berserk Kiryu by pinning him down on the ground with his foot and letting his power run out before eventually placing the motionless Kiryu onto his back, holding onto his arms like straps on a backpack, taking the mech to where the the original Godzilla had died and place him there.
Godzilla: Final Wars:
- Change the release date to December of 2012.
- Replace Ryuhei Kitamura with Shusuke Kaneko as the director of the film.
- Replace the FinalGoji suit with the KiryuGoji suit.
- Remove Manda, Kamacuras, Kumonga, Minilla and Hedorah from the film.
- Replace Monster X / Keizer Ghidorah and Zilla with King Ghidorah and Gorosaurus, who were one of the three monsters to originally be in the movie, and also have Gorosaurus be one of the monsters Godzilla fights next to Mount Fuji with King Ghidorah also replacing Gigan as the monster Mothra fought 12,000 years ago.
- Change the color of the Rodan suit to brown and also have its entire body appearance appear more like the suit used in 1956 but with the actual suit's muscular body build, arms and wings.
- Have the look of the Anguirus suit appear more like that of his proposed design for Giant Monsters All Out Attack but with the same color as the actual suit itself.
- Re-include King Caesar's ruby-like eyes onto his new design.
- Replace Ebirah with Titanosaurus.
- Have the Gigan suit be colored green and gold, like his Showa design.
- Extend Godzilla's fight with Gigan in Antarctica to 3 minutes.
- Have the Shobijin summon Mothra earlier after the Xiliens called upon the Gorath asteroid containing King Ghidorah inside.
- Have Mothra and King Ghidorah's designs from Giant Monsters All-Out Attack be their main looks for this movie instead, but with Mothra's eyes colored blue and king Ghidorah given manes of fur around each of the heads instead of Varan-like fins on each side of all three heads.
- Replace Godzilla's battles with Zilla, Kumonga and Kamacuras with more scenes of him attacking a city before his battle with Anguirus, Rodan, Gorosaurus and King Caesar next to Mount Fuji.
- Extend Godzilla's fight with Anguirus, Rodan, Gorosaurus and King Caesar next to Mount Fuji to 3 minutes and also have it end with Anguirus, Rodan, Gorosaurus and King Caesar being free of the Xiliens' control and Mothra appearing afterwards to persuade the five monsters to join forces against the upcoming threat that is King Ghidorah, to which they do.
- Extend Godzilla's fight with Titanosaurus in the ocean that leads to Tokyo to 3 minutes and have it end with Titanosaurus also being free from the Xiliens' control and joining Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, Mothra, Gorosaurus and King Caesar in their coming fight against King Ghidorah.
- After King Ghidorah is released from the Gorath asteroid that contained him, have him start out as a fireball that eventually takes on his actual form like in Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster.
- Add Mechagodzilla, who was also one of the three monsters to originally appear in the movie, and have its design be a reused Kiryu suit, but with its red eyes included, its three rounded plates removed and new hands that look almost identical to Guardian Beast Dragon Caesar/Dragonzord's from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers but with four fingers instead of five. Also have Mechagodzilla be sent out with Modified Gigan shortly after King Ghidorah emergence from the Gorath asteroid that contained him.
Godzilla (2014 film):
- Add Shusuke Kaneko as one of the the director(s) and writers of the film so that Godzilla would actually have a personality, purpose and motivation and the human characters actually being relatable and interesting.
- Have Godzilla's second form reuse Jirass' roar from Ultraman with the third and fourth forms exchanging roars with one another and the fourth form also reusing the roars from The Return of Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Biollante a little more often than one scene.
- Remove the spare head from Godzilla's tail and also not have him fire a laser from it.
Godzilla anime trilogy:
- Replace Hiroyuki Seshita and Kobun Shizuno with Masaaki Tezuka as the director(s) of the whole series.
- Have the series be a 4-season, 30 minute-episode long television series instead of three movies with the first season being an adaptation of Monster Apocalypse, the second season being an adaptation of Project Mechagodzilla, the third season based on the establishment of Planet of the Monsters with the action of City on the Edge of Battle and the fourth and final season based on The Planet Eater.
- Have the characters and the world around them be hand-drawn 2D animated instead of 3D animated.
- Have the humans establish their base in the Moon instead of elsewhere in the universe so that it would allow for missions to Earth in order to resupply on critical resources while also continuing to develop Anti-Godzilla strategies.
- Have Mechagodzilla's head more reptilian instead of flat-headed with an insect mandible-looking mouth and also remove all of its spikes from the body.
- Give the monsters and human/alien characters more personality, purpose and motivation and also have the monsters, especially Godzilla, move faster so that they would all be more interesting to watch and that the monsters can actually feel like they're alive.
- Have the horns of King Ghidorah's design resemble the Showa design's, remove all the large spikes from the entirety of the necks and re-add the crescents and manes of fur.
- Have King Ghidorah's original roar from the Showa era also be used for the monster himself instead of reusing Rodan's roar and the Queen's roar from Lost Planet 2 and modifying them for King Ghidorah's roar.
- Have King Ghidorah's full physical body not be limited to needing Haruo Sakaki to sacrifice himself so that he wouldn't look like three spaghetti-like creatures passing through the voids and also have him still be touchable even with the Garbetrium bead still intact and that the only thing destroying it does is cause him to be unable to shift space-time.
Godzilla: King of the Monsters:
- Replace the bottom four horns on each side of all three of King Ghidorah's heads with manes of fur around each of the heads and re-add the crescents on top of each of them.
- Have the length of the DougheGoji's tail be equal to that of the GareGoji design.
- Have Rick Stanton get eaten by King Ghidorah instead of Vivienne Graham and have the scene be like Bill Randa's in Kong: Skull Island.
- Add the deleted scene of Mark Russell having his flashbacks after Godzilla and King Ghidorah's first battle in Antarctica into the movie and also have the flashback scene from the very beginning of the movie after the company logo showings be placed there instead.
- Erase the scene of Madison Russell begging her mother to stop proceeding with the plan from existence and have Rodan awaken because of King Ghidorah's presence instead of the Orca.
- Extend Rodan and King Ghidorah's fight above the skies of Mexico.
- Have the Oxygen Destroyer be foreshadowed and built up beforehand during the first act of the film.
- Replace the scenes of Rodan flying over to King Ghidorah, bowing to him and aiding him against the United States Air Force, the Navy and the USS Argo in Washington, D.C. with one where Rodan instead flies out of the water as the scene following his defeat, Godzilla's near-death and King Ghidorah's claim as the alpha of the Titans and also have the scene be placed after the scene where Mothra comes out of her cocoon behind the waterfall.
- Replace the scene where King Ghidorah summons Rodan to intercept Mothra on his behalf with one where King Ghidorah instead flies back up, touches down onto Godzilla and attempts to blast Mothra out of the sky only to get intercepted himself by Rodan. After that, have Rodan and Mothra assemble with Godzilla, who had recently gotten back up on his feet, as the three Titans prepare to fight King Ghidorah together.
- After King Ghidorah releases Godzilla upon reacting to the Orca being activated, have Rodan attack King Ghidorah and lure him away from both Godzilla and the humans with the Orca, resulting in one more aerial battle between them.
|Posted by GodzillaIsland7.2 (administrator) on 14 August 2016 at 06:23.|
Edited by GodzillaIsland7.2 (administrator) on 22 September 2020 at 06:54.
Here's the changes I would make. I wouldn't want to make changes that are TOO drastic because they could completely alter history and just mess everything up. My changes are mostly minimal and not as intricate as yours but I think they could make movies a bit better.
Destroy All Monsters
- Give Varan an actual role in the film instead of a cameo.
Godzilla vs. Hedorah
- Clearly explain in the movie what those 2 white things were...
Terror of Mechagodzilla
- Have Titanosaurus join Godzilla after his mind control is broken, and together, they can overpower Mechagodzilla 2 and that's the reason why Mechagodzilla is taken down, and Katsura Mafune's life is spared. After Mechagodzilla is destroyed, she becomes normal once again.
Godzilla vs. Mothra
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
- Change Destoroyah's death so that he dies with Godzilla melting down while holding him tightly.
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus
- Have this movie be a sequel to Godzilla 2000: Millennium instead of a reboot, since there is no reason for it to be a reboot, and write in some of the old characters to return.
Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
- Make it so that when Ghidorah turns into King Ghidorah (when Mothra's life energy revives the dead Ghidorah), King Ghidorah actually puts up a fight instead of being a weakling. King Ghidorah takes Godzilla out to sea to fight. Eventually the fight goes underwater and King Ghidorah starts losing out there and when Godzilla is about to kill him, the drill weapon digs into Godzilla. So when Godzilla tries to deal the finishing blow to King Ghidorah, he explodes instead.
- In the ending, King Ghidorah can be seen returning to his cave to rest once again.
Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.
- Have there be a fight scene between Kamoebas and Godzilla--at least a brief fight scene, starting with Kamoebas swimming and encountering Godzilla, where they start fighting. We don't have to see the end of the fight.
Godzilla: Final Wars
- Have the Giant Octopus appear and be the monster that's destroyed in the opening instead of Manda, so that Manda can have a bigger role later in the film fighting alongside Godzilla and Mothra against Monster X and Gigan.
- Make Manda able to fly in the air as a new ability.
- Rename the film Godzilla Returns to more easily distinguish it.
- Have Joe Brody be the main character of the film instead of Ford Brody (or at least make him join-main character) and have him not die in the first act.
- Have the Hawaii fight be shown on screen instead of being cut-away from and make it at least a 4 minute fight scene.
- Have the daytime San Francisco fight be shown on screen (at least make it a 2 minute fight scene).
- Cut around 6 minutes of unimportant human scenes to make room for these fight scenes.
|Posted by Titanollante (administrator) on 19 August 2016 at 09:00.|
Edited by GodzillaIsland7.2 (administrator) on 16 October 2017 at 00:47.
I'm pretty sure the orbs in Hedorah's body were either eggs or testicles.
|Posted by GodzillaZero-One on 19 August 2016 at 13:40.|
|Posted by MosuFan2005 on 19 August 2016 at 17:23.|
Edited by GodzillaIsland7.2 (administrator) on 19 August 2016 at 17:29.
All Monsters Attack doesnt take place in the Showa Continuity.
It's the only movie to take place in the real world.
|Posted by Green Blob Thing on 20 August 2016 at 10:30.|
Edited by Titanollante (administrator) on 20 August 2016 at 17:28.
The Showa Era
- Godzilla (1954) - Unchanged.
- Godzilla Raids Again (1955) - Unchanged, except postpone the release date to November/December '55.
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) - Unchanged.
- Mothra vs. Godzilla (1963) - Unchanged.
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964) - Two Mothra larvae instead of one.
- Frankenstein vs. Godzilla (1965) - Godzilla would team up with Baragon to battle a giant Frankenstein Monster.
- Operation Robinson Crusoe: King Kong vs. Ebirah (1966) - Unchanged.
- Invasion of the Astro-Monster (1966) - Add Varan into the mix to fight alongside Godzilla & Rodan. Instead of Ghidorah, it's Dogora.
- King Kong Escapes (1967) - Include Maguma as either an enemy or an ally.
- Son of Godzilla (1967) - Have Ebirah & Gabara as the main antagonists and make Kumonga an ally. Include Maguma as well.
- Godzilla vs. Redmoon (1968) - Unchanged.
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1969) - Godzilla doesn't fly, enough said.
- The Return of King Ghidorah (1970) - Godzilla & Anguirus battle against Ghidorah & Megalon.
- Godzilla vs. the Space Monsters: Earth Defence Directive (1971) - Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan & Varan battle against King Ghidorah, Megalon, Gigan & Mogu.
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1972) - Bring Anguirus back for the climax.
- Terror of Mechagodzilla (1973) - Mothra would return to help Godzilla.
- All Monsters Attack Directive (1974) - Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, Varan, Mothra (Imago & two larvae), Maguma, Manda, Baragon, Sanda, Gorosaurus, Kumonga, Minilla, Kamoebas, Jet Jaguar & King Caesar battle against King Ghidorah, Moguera, Dogora, Gaira, Ebirah, Kamacuras, Gabara, Gezora, Ganimes, Redmoon, Hedorah, Gigan, Megalon, Mogu, Mechagodzilla & Titanosaurus.
The Heisei Era
- Godzilla (1984) - Unchanged.
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) - Unchanged.
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1990) - Instead of three "dorats", Ghidorah starts out as a small egg.
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1991) - Godzilla & Rodan team up to battle Mechagodzilla.
- Godzilla vs. Bagan (1992) - Godzilla teams up with Mothra & Battra to fight against Bagan & Gigamoth.
- Godzilla vs. Astrogodzilla (1993)
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1994) - Godzilla would team with not only his son, but also Anguirus, Mothra, Battra & Rodan as well.
The Jan de Bont series
- Godzilla (1996) - Basically the same as his original vision.
- Godzilla II (1999) - Godzilla would team up with Mothra to battle Ghidorah.
- Godzilla III (2002) - Godzilla & Mothra, along with Anguirus & Rodan, battle against Moguera, Gigan, and ultimately, the same aliens that created Ghidorah and the Gryphon.
The Millenium series
- Godzilla Reborn (2004) - Godzilla would fight against Orga and Miba.
- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2005) - Follow-up to Godzilla Reborn.
- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2006) - Follow-up to GvM.
- Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2007) - Follow-up to GXG; Godzilla, Kiryu & Mothra have to team-up against Ghidorah, Gigan & Titanosaurus.
- Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2008) - Basically the same as Kaneko's original vision.
Godzilla: Final Wars (2009) - Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, Varan, Mothra (Imago & two larvae), Maguma, Manda, Baragon, Sanda, Gorosaurus, Kumonga, Minilla, Kamoebas, Jet Jaguar, King Caesar, Battra & Kiryu battle against King Ghidorah, Moguera, Dogora, Gaira, Ebirah, Kamacuras, Gabara, Gezora, Ganimes, Redmoon, Hedorah, Gigan, Megalon, Mogu, Titanosaurus, Biollante, Destoroyah, Orga, Miba & Megaguirus.
The Gareth Edwards series
- Godzilla (2014) - See this video at 11:22: 
- Kong: Skull Island (2017) - Bring back Gorosaurus & Kumonga as allies, and Ebirah & Kamacuras as potential enemies.
- Varan: Guardian of the Sky (2021-2023) - A reboot/reimagining of Varan the Unbelievable.
- Godzilla vs. Varan (???)
|Posted by Son of Gorgo on 4 September 2016 at 19:38.|
These are the Godzilla films I would alter:
Godzilla (1954 film):
Re-release the film on color.
Godzilla Raids Again:
Re-release the film on color.
Invasion of Astro-Monster:
Add Mothra Larva in the film. (the film originally includes Mothra, but she was not added due to budget issues).
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep:
Replace Godzilla with King Kong, rename the film from Ebirah, Horror of the Deep into Operation Robinson Crusoe: King Kong vs. Ebirah.
Destroy All Monsters:
Add another Mothra (Imago form), three Kamacuras, King Kong, and Ebirah, push back the release date from 1968 to 1970 (so Baragon and Varan appear in many scenes), change the film's date setting from 1999 to 1970, rename the film from Destroy All Monsters into All Monsters Attack (because all of the monsters attacked the major cities of the Earth).
All Monsters Attack:
Remove Godzilla in the film, change the film's name to Minilla vs. Gabara.
Godzilla vs. Gigan:
Replace Anguirus with Rodan and Varan, add Mogu, rename the film from Godzilla vs. Gigan into The Return of King Ghidorah.
Godzilla vs. Biollante:
Rename Biollante into Rosa Biollante, rename the film from Godzilla vs. Biollante into Godzilla vs. Rosa Biollante.
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla:
Replace SpaceGodzilla with AstroGodzilla, replace MOGUERA with Mechagodzilla, add the Giant Dragonflies, rename the film from Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla into Godzilla vs. AstroGodzilla.
Change his appearance into something realistic, such as LegendaryGoji.
|Posted by ShodaiMeesmothLarva on 8 September 2016 at 02:42.|
Edited by GodzillaIsland7.2 (administrator) on 28 June 2019 at 21:46.
This is from back on the old site, where I completely retooled the whole franchise. I'm quite proud of it. Tell me what you think:
Serizawa's sacrifice is in vain as Godzilla does not die, but is instead horribly weakened and maimed
Godzilla Raids Again (1956)
Would be given more production time (you may or not be aware that this movie was scripted, shot, and released in less than a year)
The same Godzilla from the first film, with hideous scarring a la ShinGoji, makes a destructive trek across Japan to tangle with Anguirus, who Godzilla defeats and kills.
Son of Godzilla (1957)
A similar film to the 1967 classic (I love that movie) but with a more serious tone and direct peril to the human cast from even smaller Kamacuras, and an even bigger Kumonga, introduces us to a more human Godzilla and a world potentially full of monsters
Godzilla vs Gigantis (1958)
Godzilla fights a clone of himself, the origins of which are left unclear, and defeats him with the help of Minya.
Godzilla and Rodan (1960)
Godzilla and son team up with Rodan to bring down the ultimate foe: Ghidorah! Minya is killed by Ghidorah in the film's climax.
Godzilla: Invasion of the Astro-Monster (1961)
This entry introduces us to the alien origins of Ghidorah and reveals that Gigantis was created by the Xiliens. Godzilla and Rodan once again fight together to bring down Space Ghidorah (a purplish Ghidorah that breathes fire)
Mothra vs Godzilla (1962)
Godzilla is back on Earth and Rodan is nowhere to be seen.
This film plays out similar to the original Mothra vs Godzilla
King Kong vs Godzilla (1964)
Better Kong suit. Stronger story. Godzilla is definitively killed at the end.
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1970)
The Xiliens return to wreak havoc on Earth with a new weapon: MG1, aka Mechagodzilla. Mechagodzilla defeats Gezora and a man-made mechanical weapon, MOGUERA, with ease, before a new Godzilla appears to save humanity.
Godzilla vs the Smog Monster (1972)
A better version of Smog Monster, featuring Hedorah with all the same abilities and less of the misguided weirdness.
Godzilla and Jet Jaguar (1973)
The fan-created character gets a mention in the film's title and teams up with Big G to take down Megalon
Mechagodzilla's Counterattack (1975)
The last film of the Showa series sees Godzilla mind-controlled by the Xiliens and fighting with an upgraded Mechagodzilla to destroy the world. Rodan, King Kong, Mothra, and Jet Jaguar team up to defeat the mechanical menace and force Godzilla into the ocean, where a new Oxygen Destroyer finally kills him.
Return of Godzilla (1985)
Not a direct sequel to G54. This is the first appearance of Godzilla. Other than that, this goes down pretty much the same as G84, but the Gotengo stands in for the Super X. At the end, Godzilla is frozen on Monster Island rather than lured into a volcano.
Godzilla's Revenge (1987)
Big G has escaped his confinement. Shockirus have overrun Japan. There seems to be no hope. Mothra, Varan, and Anguirus appear in Hawaii, Turkey, and Australia, respectively, and take the fight to Godzilla. The much smaller Rhedosaurus appears, which feeds on Shockirus. Godzilla is overwhelmed and seemingly killed by his monster foes.
Toho's THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS (1988)
A remake of the classic Harryahusen film tells the new origin for Rhedosaurus. Rhedosaurus appears in 1886 near the US Navy base in Norfolk, Virginia and wreaks havoc on the East Coast, killing millions in New York City before disappearing entirely.
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1990)
A new, smaller Godzilla returns to Japan, and the JSDF tries to repel it with its newest superweapons, and upgraded Gotengo called Atragon, and the technological marvel, Mechagodzilla. Rodan is also present, but does not affect the plot in any meaningful way.
Godzilla: Resurgence (1991)
The original Godzilla (as in the one from 1985-1987) makes a triumphant return, fighting his destructive counterpart
Godzilla vs Battra (1992)
This movie sees Godzilla take on a malevolent god that takes on the form of a moth-like creature who wishes to destroy humanity and cleanse the Earth. Battra heralds the arrival of the Destroyer.
Godzilla vs the Destroyer (1994)
In the last film of the Heisei continuity, Godzilla unites with mankind in order to destroy an infinitely powerful demonic monster known as the Destroyer. The Destroyer is stopped but Godzilla is killed in the final battle.
Godzilla vs Nessie (2004)
In a direct sequel to Godzilla Raids Again, Godzilla makes a return for his 50th anniversary to battle the Loch Ness Monster
Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla (2006)
Set in 2050, a nuclear test on the Martian surface creates a horrifying mutant, SpaceGodzilla, who used power within its shoulder crystals to fly to Earth and wreak havoc. An aging Godzilla must use every ounce of his remaining strength to defeat his otherworldly counterpart.
Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster (2007)
Back in the modern day, Godzilla fights a revamped Ghidorah, who is capable of sapping a creature's life-force through its fangs, similar to Keizer Ghidorah.
Destroy All Monsters (2009)
The Xiliens are back, and Godzilla teams up with Rodan, Mothra, Rhedosaurus, Varan, Anguirus, and King Kong to stop them and their monstrous creations: Hedorah, Ebirah, Gigantis, and Gigan.
Sorry about any formatting issues, I'm still getting used to the new forums :/
|Posted by MarkJira on 16 January 2017 at 18:02.|
Edited by GodzillaIsland7.2 (administrator) on 16 January 2017 at 18:56.
I know (almost) everybody think the Star Wars' Special Edition from late 90's being an heresy but in the case of Destroy All Monsters, why not filming today new material with additional monsters scenes made with CGI and/or correcting some mistakes. We could really watch Baragon (instead of Gorosaurus) in Paris, Manda in London, Mothra in Beijing and every other earth's kaiju from the movie destroying a different town (say Kumonga in Mexico, Varan in Sydney, Angilas in Rome, Minya in... er... well, a smaller town).
|Posted by Philippe Lemay on 7 August 2017 at 09:25.|
not a godzilla film, but.
kong skull island.
.have ramarak be replaced by baragon, and have the skull crawlers be replaced by dino's called kyoryu's.
. have the monster who sunk the uss NOT be godzilla, and have it be an entirely new monster.
godzilla:king of the monsters.
replace ghidorah with the nautilus, the monster who sunk the uss
|Posted by Gojira2014 on 15 April 2018 at 19:07.|
Godzilla vs King Ghidorah: Refine time travel so there's less plot holes. Change backstory. I never liked he idea that Godzilla was a random dinosaur that got hit with a nuclear bomb. That makes no sense. Give King Ghidorah bigger wings. Just a bit more towards the top. Get better android effects.
Godzilla 2014: More Godzilla screen time and fighting scenes.
Godzilla Raids Again: Stops calling Godzilla "Angulus" and "Gigantis". Give Godzilla his own roar back. Make pilot less stupid.
Godzilla vs Biollante: Include more fight scenes. Longer Biollante fight time.
Godzilla's Revenge: Eliminate.
King Kong vs Godzilla: Give Godzilla more intimidating suit design. Make fighting better. No titanium string.
Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla: Go with more unique and maneuverable SpaceGodzilla suit.
GMK: Include Baragon in the title. Give King Ghidorah bigger wings and longer necks. Don't have Godzilla die from hole in his shoulder. Makes no sense.
Godzilla Final Wars: Make fight scenes last longer.
Shin Godzilla: No dorsal fin beams or tail beam. Improve CG or stick to more realistic puppets for earlier Godzilla forms.
Godzilla Planet of the Monsters: Include more monsters that we were promised. Hurry up the start portion before they see Godzilla.
Godzilla City on the Edge of Battle: Include more monsters that we were promised. Actually USE MechaGodzilla for his intended purpose.
Godzilla Planet Eater: King Ghidorah is not God. King Ghidorah is not metaphysical. King Ghidorah is not Paralax. Stupid Ghidorah snake design is stupid. Make fighting better. Stop cutting away from fight. MORE MOTHRA. Actually USE HER. Make ending make sense.
Son of Godzilla: Change the suit design.
|Posted by Matthew's Corner on 20 April 2019 at 13:43.|