To create a new article, type the page's title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Remember to read our Policy before editing.
- If you're a new user, check out the New User Guide!
- Check out a list of Wikizilla's Site Projects here.
- If you see an error, be it factual, grammatical, or otherwise, in any of our articles, please fix it!
- Always remember to cite reliable sources for claims or news. Fan sites, blogs, and random YouTube videos are not reliable sources.
- To add fanon, go to the Zilla Fanon Wiki.
|Amazing! Strong! New monsters
An alien aiming for the Earth transforms monsters to attack!
— Japanese tagline
Spewed from intergalactic space to clutch the planet Earth in its... terror tentacles!
— American tagline
Space Amoeba (ゲゾラ・ガニメ・カメーバ 決戦！南海の大怪獣Gezora Ganime Kamēba Kessen Nankai no Daikaijū, lit. Gezora, Ganimes, Kamoebas: Battle! Giant Monsters of the South Seas) is a 1970 tokusatsu kaiju film produced by Toho. The studio distributed it to Japanese theaters on August 1, 1970, as part of the Toho Champion Festival. American International Pictures brought it to the United States the following year, under the title Yog, Monster from Space. It was director Ishiro Honda's last film before he left his contract with Toho, and the first kaiju film made after the death of special effects director Eiji Tsuburaya. One of his protégés, Sadamasa Arikawa, acted as the director of special effects for this film.
The story is set into motion when a mysterious alien lifeform takes command of the unmanned probe Helios 7, splashing down near a South Pacific island called Sergio. Mutating a cuttlefish, two stone crabs and a mata mata turtle into giant monsters, the alien wages war against the island's inhabitants and a group of Japanese visitors.
Read more »
Previously Featured Articles
In the News
- [4/30/21] Arrow Video officially announces a Blu-ray set comprised of Daimajin, Return of Daimajin, and Daimajin Strikes Again, to be released on July 26, 2021. The Asylum releases Ape vs. Monster to theaters and VOD. (src)
- [4/28/21] It is reported that Shunsuke Kikuchi, known for composing several entries in the Gamera and Kamen Rider franchises among others, passed away on April 24 at age 89. (src)
- [4/27/21] Adam Wingard is in early talks with Legendary Pictures to direct the next MonsterVerse movie, with Son of Kong a potential title. (src)
- [4/21/21] IDW Publishing releases Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors #1, its first Godzilla comic in over four years.
- [4/6/21] Legendary Comics publishes Godzilla Dominion and Kingdom Kong. Titan Books publishes Godzilla vs. Kong: The Official Movie Novelization. Insight Kids publishes Godzilla vs. Kong: Sometimes Friends Fight (But They Always Make Up).
- [4/1/21] Toho will release King Kong Escapes to Blu-ray on May 12 and King Kong vs. Godzilla to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray on May 14. King Kong vs. Godzilla will use a 4K transfer previously unseen on home video. (src)
- [3/31/21] Godzilla vs. Kong is released to theaters and to HBO Max in the United States.
- [3/30/31] Legendary Comics publishes Kong and Me.
- [3/26/21] Godzilla vs. Kong: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is released by WaterTower Music.
- [3/25/21] Tsuburaya Productions, Toho, and khara postpone the release of Shin Ultraman. (src)
- [3/24/21] Godzilla vs. Kong is released to theaters in select countries. The first episode of Godzilla Singular Point is released on Japanese Netflix. Toho announces three upcoming mobile games: Run Godzilla, Godzilla Destruction, and Godzilla Battle Line.
- [3/18/21] IDW Publishing announces a quarterly series of Godzilla one-shot comics, Godzilla Rivals. The first issue, Godzilla Rivals: Vs. Hedorah, will be released in June. (src)
- [3/15/21] Arrow Video releases The Invisible Man Appears and The Invisible Man vs. The Human Fly together on Blu-ray.
- [3/11/21] Two tracks from Tom Holkenborg's score for Godzilla vs. Kong, Godzilla's theme and Kong's theme, are officially released. The complete soundtrack will be released on March 26.
- [3/7/21] Arrow Video will release the out-of-print Daimajin trilogy on Blu-ray. (src)
- [3/4/21] Netflix releases the first season of Pacific Rim: The Black.
- [3/2/21] Sony releases Monster Hunter on home video.
- [2/28/21] Bandai reveals Movie Monster Series figures for Godzilla Ultima and Jet Jaguar from Godzilla Singular Point.
- [2/26/21] Netflix releases the second full length trailer for Pacific Rim: The Black.
- [2/25/21] Legendary Comics reveals the official covers for Godzilla Dominion and Kingdom Kong. The company will reprint Godzilla: Aftershock and Skull Island: The Birth of Kong together in MonsterVerse Titanthology Vol 1 on May 21.
- [2/24/21] Toho will release Monkey Sun to DVD on May 26, 2021. (src)
- [2/22/21] Toho release new key art and release dates for Godzilla Singular Point. (src)
- [2/18/21] A Godzilla Singular Point panel will be held at AnimeJapan 2021 on March 27 (src). Universal Records will release the Godzilla 7-Inch Single Collection on May 21 (src).
- [2/8/21] Shout! Factory will release a special collector's edition of the 1976 remake of King Kong to Blu-ray in the U.S. and Canada as part of its Scream Factory label on May 11. The release will include the film's extended television broadcast version.
- [2/7/21] Toho release the Japanese trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong. The film will be released in Japan on May 14, 2021.
- [2/6/21] Five new posters for Pacific Rim: The Black are released. The show's first season will run for 7 episodes. (src) (src)
- [2/5/21] Legendary releases a full-length trailer for Pacific Rim: The Black.
- [2/1/21] Legendary releases the first teaser for Pacific Rim: The Black, which will premiere on Netflix on March 4, 2021. Toho releases the second teaser for Godzilla Singular Point.
- [1/31/21] Warner Bros. will release Godzilla (2014) to Ultra HD Blu-ray on March 23, 2021.
- [1/29/21] Joe Barton will write the script for a sequel to Cloverfield. (src)
- [1/28/21] Tsuburaya Productions releases the first teaser for Shin Ultraman.
- [1/27/21] Netflix announces an animated series titled Skull Island, set in the MonsterVerse. (src)
- [1/26/21] Godzilla vs. Kong's North American release is pushed back another week to March 31. (src)
- [1/24/21] Warner Bros. uploads the first trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong.
- [1/21/21] Legendary releases a poster for Godzilla vs. Kong and announces that the film's first trailer will be released on January 24.
- [1/20/21] IDW Publishing releases the first look at its upcoming comic series, Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors. (src)
- [1/15/21] Warner Bros. moves the release date for Godzilla vs. Kong to March 26, 2021. (src)
- [1/2/21] Character concept art for Godzilla Singular Point is released. (src)
► News archive
Image of the Week