To create a new article, type the page's title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Remember to read our Policy before editing.
- If you're a new user, check out the New User Guide!
- Check out a list of Wikizilla's Site Projects here.
- If you see an error, be it factual, grammatical, or otherwise, in any of our articles, please fix it!
- Always remember to cite reliable sources for claims or news. Fan sites, blogs, and random YouTube videos are not reliable sources.
- To add fanon, go to the Zilla Fanon Wiki.
|Amazing! Strong! New monsters
An alien aiming for the Earth transforms monsters to attack!
— Japanese tagline
Spewed from intergalactic space to clutch the planet Earth in its... terror tentacles!
— American tagline
Space Amoeba (ゲゾラ・ガニメ・カメーバ 決戦！南海の大怪獣Gezora Ganime Kamēba Kessen Nankai no Daikaijū, lit. Gezora, Ganimes, Kamoebas: Battle! Giant Monsters of the South Seas) is a 1970 tokusatsu kaiju film produced by Toho. The studio distributed it to Japanese theaters on August 1, 1970, as part of the Toho Champion Festival. American International Pictures brought it to the United States the following year, under the title Yog, Monster from Space. It was director Ishiro Honda's last film before he left his contract with Toho, and the first kaiju film made after the death of special effects director Eiji Tsuburaya. One of his protégés, Sadamasa Arikawa, acted as the director of special effects for this film.
The story is set into motion when a mysterious alien lifeform takes command of the unmanned probe Helios 7, splashing down near a South Pacific island called Sergio. Mutating a cuttlefish, two stone crabs and a mata mata turtle into giant monsters, the alien wages war against the island's inhabitants and a group of Japanese visitors.
Read more »
Previously Featured Articles
In the News
Today is September 19, 2020.
- [8/27/20] Eureka Entertainment announces specifications for its The H-Man / Battle in Outer Space Blu-ray set, along with an individual Blu-ray for Mothra. Both will be released on November 16. (src) (src)
- [8/18/20] Arrow Video releases the Blu-ray box set Gamera: The Complete Collection. Allied Vaughn releases Notzilla to Blu-ray and DVD.
- [8/5/20] SRS Cinema will release Howl from Beyond the Fog to Blu-ray and VHS in the fall of 2020. (src)
- [7/31/20] Arrow Video will release Warning from Space to Blu-ray in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada in October. (src)
- [7/18/20] Haruma Miura, who played Eren in the live-action Attack on Titan movies, dies at the age of 30. (src)
- [7/16/20] Listings on Walmart.com reveal the first toys from Playmates' Godzilla vs. Kong line: 11-inch figures of the title characters. (src) (src)
- [7/11/20] Today is the first day of Kaiju Con-Line, an online convention which took shape following the cancellation of G-Fest XXVII. (src)
- [7/5/20] Descriptions are released for Legendary Comics' Godzilla vs. Kong graphic novel prequels, now titled GvK: Godzilla Dominion and GvK: Kingdom Kong. (src) (src)
- [7/2/20] On August 18, Indie Rights and Allied Vaughn will release Notzilla digitally and on home video, respectively. (src)
- [6/12/20] Warner Bros. delays the theatrical release of Godzilla vs. Kong to May 21, 2021. (src)
- [6/10/20] Tom Holkenborg, better known by the stage name Junkie XL, is set to score the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong. (src)
- [6/9/20] Mill Creek releases a double feature of The H-Man and Battle in Outer Space to Blu-ray.
- [6/6/20] Monster Seafood Wars is released to Japanese theaters, becoming the first kaiju film of the new decade. (src)
- [5/20/20] Legendary Comics reveals more information and images from the upcoming graphic novel tie-ins for Godzilla vs. Kong in a digital WonderCon panel.
- [5/4/20] Eizo Kaimai, who worked on numerous kaiju suits for Toho including the first Godzilla, is confirmed to have passed away on April 24 at age 90. (src)
- [4/10/20] Nobuhiko Obayashi, director of House and co-author of A Space Godzilla, passes away at 82. (src) Matt Frank announces via Twitter that he will be working on an upcoming official MonsterVerse project. (src)
- [4/8/20] Legendary Pictures announces Twitter watchalongs for Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, to be held at 5 PM Pacific on March 9, 16, and 23, respectively. (src)
- [4/2/20] The next Magic: The Gathering set, Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths, will include monsters from the Godzilla series. (src)
- [3/31/20] Julie Bennett, who voiced Susan Watson and Madame Piranha in the English dub of King Kong Escapes, dies of complications related to coronavirus at 88. (src)
- [3/23/20] Season 2 of Godziban will premiere on May 1, 2020. (src)
- [3/12/20] Mill Creek will release The H-Man and Battle in Outer Space together on Blu-ray on June 9. (src)
- [3/4/20] Media Blasters will re-release Death Kappa on DVD and Blu-ray for the film's 10th anniversary. (src)
- [2/26/20] Shochiku and Toei announce Giant Monster Cleanup, an upcoming kaiju-themed comedy co-production to be written and directed by Satoshi Miki and which will star Ryosuke Yamada and Tao Tsuchiya. It is expected for a 2020 or later release. (src)
- [2/20/20] Preorders begin for Arrow Video's Gamera: The Complete Collection, an 8-disc Blu-ray box set containing all 12 Gamera films, an 80-page book on the series, and a graphic novel reprinting of Gamera: The Guardian of the Universe and The Last Hope. (src) A Godzilla vs. Kong press release reveals plans for a second graphic novel tie-in and children's books. (src)
► News archive
Image of the Week