To create a new article, type the page's title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Remember to read our Policy before editing.
- If you're a new user, check out the New User Guide!
- Check out a list of Wikizilla's Site Projects here.
- If you see an error, be it factual, grammatical, or otherwise, in any of our articles, please fix it!
- Always remember to cite reliable sources for claims or news. Fan sites, blogs, and random YouTube videos are not reliable sources.
- To add fanon, go to the Zilla Fanon Wiki.
|Amazing! Strong! New monsters
An alien aiming for the Earth transforms monsters to attack!
— Japanese tagline
Spewed from intergalactic space to clutch the planet Earth in its... terror tentacles!
— American tagline
Space Amoeba (ゲゾラ・ガニメ・カメーバ 決戦！南海の大怪獣Gezora Ganime Kamēba Kessen Nankai no Daikaijū, lit. Gezora, Ganimes, Kamoebas: Battle! Giant Monsters of the South Seas) is a 1970 tokusatsu kaiju film produced by Toho. The studio distributed it to Japanese theaters on August 1, 1970, as part of the Toho Champion Festival. American International Pictures brought it to the United States the following year, under the title Yog, Monster from Space. It was director Ishiro Honda's last film before he left his contract with Toho, and the first kaiju film made after the death of special effects director Eiji Tsuburaya. One of his protégés, Sadamasa Arikawa, acted as the director of special effects for this film.
The story is set into motion when a mysterious alien lifeform takes command of the unmanned probe Helios 7, splashing down near a South Pacific island called Sergio. Mutating a cuttlefish, two stone crabs and a mata mata turtle into giant monsters, the alien wages war against the island's inhabitants and a group of Japanese visitors.
Read more »
Previously Featured Articles
In the News
Today is February 28, 2021.
- [2/26/21] Netflix release the second full length trailer for Pacific Rim: The Black.
- [2/25/21] Legendary Comics reveals the official covers for Godzilla Dominion and Kingdom Kong. The company will reprint Godzilla: Aftershock and Skull Island: The Birth of Kong together in MonsterVerse Titanthology Vol 1 on May 21.
- [2/24/21] Toho will release Monkey Sun to DVD on May 26, 2021. (src)
- [2/22/21] Toho release new key art and release dates for Godzilla Singular Point. (src)
- [2/18/21] A Godzilla Singular Point panel will be held at AnimeJapan 2021 on March 27 (src). Universal Records will release the Godzilla 7-Inch Single Collection on May 21 (src).
- [2/8/21] Shout! Factory will release a special collector's edition of the 1976 remake of King Kong to Blu-ray in the U.S. and Canada as part of its Scream Factory label on May 11. The release will include the film's extended television broadcast version.
- [2/7/21] Toho release the Japanese trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong. The film will be released in Japan on May 14, 2021.
- [2/6/21] Five new posters for Pacific Rim: The Black are released. The show's first season will run for 7 episodes. (src) (src)
- [2/5/21] Legendary releases a full-length trailer for Pacific Rim: The Black.
- [2/1/21] Legendary releases the first teaser for Pacific Rim: The Black, which will premiere on Netflix on March 4, 2021. Toho releases the second teaser for Godzilla Singular Point.
- [1/31/21] Warner Bros. will release Godzilla (2014) to Ultra HD Blu-ray on March 23, 2021.
- [1/29/21] Joe Barton will write the script for a sequel to Cloverfield. (src)
- [1/28/21] Tsuburaya Productions releases the first teaser for Shin Ultraman.
- [1/27/21] Netflix announces an animated series titled Skull Island, set in the MonsterVerse. (src)
- [1/26/21] Godzilla vs. Kong's North American release is pushed back another week to March 31. (src)
- [1/24/21] Warner Bros. uploads the first trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong.
- [1/21/21] Legendary releases a poster for Godzilla vs. Kong and announces that the film's first trailer will be released on January 24.
- [1/20/21] IDW Publishing releases the first look at its upcoming comic series, Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors. (src)
- [1/15/21] Warner Bros. moves the release date for Godzilla vs. Kong to March 26, 2021. (src)
- [1/2/21] Character concept art for Godzilla Singular Point is released. (src)
- [12/31/20] Toho release a new piece of concept art from the upcoming Godzilla Singular Point (src). Waxworks Records announce a collection of the soundtracks of the Showa Godzilla movies entitled "GODZILLA: The Showa Era Soundtracks, 1954-1975" for release in March 2021 (src) (src).
- [12/23/20] SRS Cinema will release Monster Seafood Wars to Blu-ray and VHS in early 2021. (src)
- [12/19/20] The documentary Godzilla's Leading Ladies airs on NHK in Japan.
- [12/18/20] Arrow Video will release a double feature Blu-ray of The Invisible Man Appears and The Invisible Man vs. The Human Fly on March 15, 2021. (src)
- [12/10/20] A one-time television special entitled Godzilla's Leading Ladies will be broadcast on NHK on December 19, featuring guest appearances from Yumiko Shaku, Kumi Mizuno, Shogo Tomiyama, Shiro Sano and more. (src) (src)
- [12/8/20] The Japanese voice cast of Godzilla Singular Point is officially revealed. (src)
- [12/7/20] Legendary may take legal action against Warner Bros. over its plans to release Godzilla vs. Kong on HBO Max. (src)
- [12/6/20] New shots of Godzilla and Kong from the upcoming film are shown at Warner Bros.'s Comic Con Experience in Brazil.
- [12/3/20] Warner Bros. announces that every film on its 2021 schedule, including Godzilla vs. Kong, will debut on HBO Max the same day it opens in theaters. Toho and IDW Publishing reach a new deal that will bring new Godzilla comics beginning in April 2021. (src) (src)
- [11/20/20] Kirby Morrow, who voiced Jason Jenkins in Kong: The Animated Series and its film spinoffs, passes away at age 47. (src)
- [11/4/20] Toho holds Godzilla Fest 2020 Online, including the announcement of a merchandise collaboration with the Hamtaro franchise, a tour of Toho Studios, the premiere of a Godzilla short film, two exclusive Godziban episodes, and more.
- [10/26/20] A trailer, poster, and three screenshots from Godzilla Singular Point are released. Matt Frank begins releasing pages from The Last Hope on Patreon. (src)
- [10/6/20] Netflix announces a new animated Godzilla series entitled Godzilla Singular Point, set to debut on Japanese television in April 2021. It will be subsequently available for streaming worldwide through the platform. (src)
- [9/19/20] Yosuke Saito, who portrayed Boxer in Gunhed and Susumu Okubo in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, passes away at age 69. (src)
- [8/27/20] Eureka Entertainment announces specifications for its The H-Man / Battle in Outer Space Blu-ray set, along with an individual Blu-ray for Mothra. Both will be released on November 16. (src) (src)
- [8/18/20] Arrow Video releases the Blu-ray box set Gamera: The Complete Collection. Allied Vaughn releases Notzilla to Blu-ray and DVD.
- [8/5/20] SRS Cinema will release Howl from Beyond the Fog to Blu-ray and VHS in the fall of 2020. (src)
- [7/31/20] Arrow Video will release Warning from Space to Blu-ray in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada in October. (src)
- [7/18/20] Haruma Miura, who played Eren in the live-action Attack on Titan movies, dies at the age of 30. (src)
- [7/16/20] Listings on Walmart.com reveal the first toys from Playmates' Godzilla vs. Kong line: 11-inch figures of the title characters. (src) (src)
- [7/11/20] Today is the first day of Kaiju Con-Line, an online convention which took shape following the cancellation of G-Fest XXVII. (src)
- [7/5/20] Descriptions are released for Legendary Comics' Godzilla vs. Kong graphic novel prequels, now titled GvK: Godzilla Dominion and GvK: Kingdom Kong. (src) (src)
- [7/2/20] On August 18, Indie Rights and Allied Vaughn will release Notzilla digitally and on home video, respectively. (src)
- [6/12/20] Warner Bros. delays the theatrical release of Godzilla vs. Kong to May 21, 2021. (src)
- [6/10/20] Tom Holkenborg, better known by the stage name Junkie XL, is set to score the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong. (src)
- [6/9/20] Mill Creek releases a double feature of The H-Man and Battle in Outer Space to Blu-ray.
- [6/6/20] Monster Seafood Wars is released to Japanese theaters, becoming the first kaiju film of the new decade. (src)
- [5/20/20] Legendary Comics reveals more information and images from the upcoming graphic novel tie-ins for Godzilla vs. Kong in a digital WonderCon panel.
- [5/4/20] Eizo Kaimai, who worked on numerous kaiju suits for Toho including the first Godzilla, is confirmed to have passed away on April 24 at age 90. (src)
- [4/10/20] Nobuhiko Obayashi, director of House and co-author of A Space Godzilla, passes away at 82. (src) Matt Frank announces via Twitter that he will be working on an upcoming official MonsterVerse project. (src)
- [4/8/20] Legendary Pictures announces Twitter watchalongs for Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, to be held at 5 PM Pacific on March 9, 16, and 23, respectively. (src)
- [4/2/20] The next Magic: The Gathering set, Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths, will include monsters from the Godzilla series. (src)
- [3/31/20] Julie Bennett, who voiced Susan Watson and Madame Piranha in the English dub of King Kong Escapes, dies of complications related to coronavirus at 88. (src)
- [3/23/20] Season 2 of Godziban will premiere on May 1, 2020. (src)
- [3/12/20] Mill Creek will release The H-Man and Battle in Outer Space together on Blu-ray on June 9. (src)
- [3/4/20] Media Blasters will re-release Death Kappa on DVD and Blu-ray for the film's 10th anniversary. (src)
- [2/26/20] Shochiku and Toei announce Giant Monster Cleanup, an upcoming kaiju-themed comedy co-production to be written and directed by Satoshi Miki and which will star Ryosuke Yamada and Tao Tsuchiya. It is expected for a 2020 or later release. (src)
- [2/20/20] Preorders begin for Arrow Video's Gamera: The Complete Collection, an 8-disc Blu-ray box set containing all 12 Gamera films, an 80-page book on the series, and a graphic novel reprinting of Gamera: The Guardian of the Universe and The Last Hope. (src) A Godzilla vs. Kong press release reveals plans for a second graphic novel tie-in and children's books. (src)
► News archive
Image of the Week