Godzilla Singular Point (TV 2021)
|This article concerns an upcoming subject, and will be updated with new information as it arises.|
Face down a hopeless future (Godzilla). (抗えない
Godzilla Singular Point (ゴジラ
|“||When danger comes up from the depths, only young geniuses Mei, Yun, and their team can face the threat in Godzilla Singular Point!||„|
— @NXOnNetflix on Twitter
|“||[Godzilla Singular Point] depicts two young geniuses, female researcher "Mei Kamino" and male engineer "Yun Arikawa," as they take on a threat to humanity of unprecedented proportions with help from those around them.
News of Godzilla Singular Point was leaked through Twitter by user @SugoiLITE on October 6, 2020. An official announcement followed later that day (or October 7 in Japan). Director Atsushi Takahashi, screenwriter Toh EnJoe, character designer Kazue Kato, monster designer Eiji Yamamoto and composer Kan Sawada each provided brief statements on the series, with Yamamoto mentioning the appearance of multiple monsters and dedicating his work to his late brother. On October 12, it was announced that a panel for Singular Point would be held during Godzilla Fest Online 2020 on November 3, with guests including Takahashi, EnJoe, Bones producer Naoki Amano, Orange producer Jiro Ando and Toho producer Takashi Yoshizawa. A new poster for the anime was released on October 26, along with three screenshots. A short trailer followed later that day, showing off many of the series' other kaiju besides Godzilla.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Atsushi Takahashi
- Written and organized by Toh EnJoe
- Produced by Naoki Amano, Jiro Ando, Takashi Yoshizawa
- Music by Kan Sawada
- CG directors Ryuichi Ikeuchi, Yuji Koshida, Seishi Suzuki
- VFX director Kensuke Yamamoto
- Cinematography by Yu Wakabayashi
- Edited by Rie Matsubara
- Production design by Norihiko Yokomatsu
- Character designs drafted by Kazue Kato
- Character design by Satoshi Ishino
- Monster design by Eiji Yamamoto
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- Godzilla Singular Point is the first televised Godzilla series since Godzilla TV and the first televised animated Godzilla series since Godzilla: The Series.
- Godzilla Singular Point will mark the first onscreen appearance of Titanosaurus in 46 years. It also marks the character's first-ever televised appearance.
- Furthermore, excluding web series, Godzilla Singular Point will serve as the first piece of Godzilla media to feature the onscreen appearances of Gabara in 52 years, Jet Jaguar in 24 years, and Anguirus (sans a skeletal corpse in GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters) in 17 years.
- While the characters S.P would normally be read as Esupī (エスピー), the furigana 「シンギュラポイント」 indicates its pronunciation as Shingyura Pointo ("Singular Point"). In the absence of furigana, the title may be written with angle brackets as 「ゴジラS.P＜シンギュラポイント＞」. The series' official logo capitalizes its English title as "Godzilla Singular point."
This is a list of references for Godzilla Singular Point. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: