City Shrouded in Shadow
This is not the story of some hero. This is your story.
City Shrouded in Shadow (巨影都市 is a survival role-playing game developed by Granzella and published by Bandai Namco for the PlayStation 4. It was released on October 19, 2017 in Kyoei Toshi, lit. Shadow City)Japan. The game utilizes the license to multiple franchises revolving around giant monsters and/or robots: Godzilla, the Ultra Series, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gamera, and Patlabor.
Description[edit | edit source]
City Shrouded in Shadow is a survival/role-playing game in which the player assumes the role of a powerless civilian caught in the middle of a kaiju attack. The goal of the game is simply to survive, generally through fleeing the attacking creatures. The game consists of several stages through which the player character and their allies must progress, avoiding dangers such as the attacking giant creatures or a group of Yakuza hitmen pursuing the player. Some of the giant beings in the game, such as the Ultra Crusaders, Evangelion Units, and Gamera, are actually benevolent and will combat the more malicious creatures, but due to their gigantic size are still a danger to the player.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Monsters, Seijin, and Mechas[edit | edit source]
- Alien Zarab / Imitation Ultraman
- Ultraman Tiga
- Ultraman Belial
- Ultraman Zero
- Ultraman Taro
- King Ghidorah
- Type-3 Kiryu
- Evangelion Unit-01
- Evangelion Unit-00
- Evangelion Unit-02
- Legion (Soldiers and Plant)
- AV-98 Ingram
- AV-98 Ingram 2
- Type-5G/1C Grau-Bear
- CRL-98 Pyro-Buster
- Type J-9 Griffon
- Type M-5 Abraham
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Godzilla's official announcement
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the second game published by Bandai Namco to utilize the license to the Godzilla franchise after 2014's Godzilla, not counting the "Tokyo Martial Law" expansion to Ace Combat Infinity.
- City Shrouded in Shadow is the second video game to officially feature both Godzilla and Ultraman, after Battle Soccer: Champion of the Field, and the first to feature Gamera alongside either character.
- This game is one of few games to feature a kaiju incursion from a human perspective, along with Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters and Gamera: Gyaos Destruction Strategy.
- This game includes all of Toho's "Big Five" kaiju, with the exception of Rodan.
[edit | edit source]