- 1 Name
- 2 Design
- 3 Personality
- 4 History
- 5 Abilities
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Video Games
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Roar
- 10 Trivia
- 11 References
- 12 Comments
In the films, Mothra Leo is simply referred to as "Mothra." Official Japanese publications usually refer to him as "New Mothra" or "Exceled Mothra." The name "Mothra Leo" (モスラレオ?) comes from a Mosura Reosong from the soundtrack for Rebirth of Mothra, which plays when Leo creates his cocoon. English-speaking fans began using this name to refer to Leo, and official English releases of the soundtrack used variations of this name, such as "Mothraleo" and "Mothra Reo." Each of Mothra Leo's forms he takes on after his larva and imago forms have their own names, although "Aqua Mothra" is the only one that is individually trademarked.
In Japanese, Mothra Leo's forms are denoted as Rainbow Mothra (レインボーモスラ?) Reinbō Mosura, Aqua Mothra (アクアモスラ?) Akua Mosura or Underwater Mode Mothra (水中モード・モスラ?), Light Speed Mode Mothra Suichū Mōdo Mosura (光速モード・モスラ?), Armor Mothra Kōsoku Mōdo Mosura (鎧モスラ?), and Armor Mothra Eternal Yoroi Mosura (鎧モスラ・エターナル?) Yoroi Mosura Etānaru or Eternal Mothra (エタナール・モスラ?). Etanāru Mosura
Additionally, Mothra Leo, including all of his forms, are given the subtitle Guardian Beast (守護神獣?). Shugoshinjū The 1998 video game Godzilla: Trading Battle also gives both the larva and imago forms of Leo the subtitle Guardian Deity of Greenery (緑の守護神?). Midori no Shugojin
Mothra Leo takes on many different forms and appearances over the course of the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy. In his larval form, Leo looks very similar to Mothra's larval form from Godzilla vs. Mothra, however he is lighter in color. After transforming into his imago form, Leo resembles his mother's imago form, but has several distinguishing features. His wings are somewhat more triangular and have different designs and color schemes. His abdomen is more rounded and less defined than Mothra's. Leo also has green eyes, three beads on his forehead, and feather-like antennae, resembling those of a male moth. After transforming into Rainbow Mothra in Rebirth of Mothra II, Leo's wings change from orange and green in color to all of the colors of the rainbow. As Aqua Mothra, Leo's appearance is more streamlined, and he lacks fur. Leo's wings are replaced with four fins, and he also gains fins on his tail.
In Rebirth of Mothra III, Rainbow Mothra's design changes. He now has a less bulky body, thinner legs, and backward-facing antennae. Leo's wings are a combination of blue, orange, black and white rather than all of the colors of the rainbow, and his eyes are blue rather than green. His form Light Speed Mothra looks almost identical to Aqua Mothra, but is blurry due to its quick movement. As Armor Mothra, Leo possesses a silvery armored shell around his body, with sharp jagged wings with different patterns. In his final form, Eternal Mothra, he looks very similar to Armor Mothra, only without the armored shell and with white fur all over his body.
Mothra Leo is a steadfast guardian of the Earth, charging into action whenever the Elias call upon him and fighting until his strength is spent, even against vastly more powerful foes. He is not above doing favors for individual humans as well, letting Taiki and Wakaba ride on him while he restored the Hokkaido rain forest, and clearing a path for the group who explored the Nilai-Kanai Temple to escape.
HistoryDesghidorah and, despite being hopelessly outmatched in his larval form, attacked his mother's aggressor. After a long battle, the two managed to escape, though by that point, Mothra had been badly wounded, and she collapsed into the sea. Despite his best attempts to help her, Leo could do nothing as he watched his mother sink into the depths. Leo then retreated to a remote island where he cocooned himself against a 10,000 year old tree. After some time, Leo emerged as a swarm of multicolored butterflies which merged into one giant insect. Leo then flew to Hokkaido to do battle with Desghidorah, and arrived in a flurry of laser and energy beams. The demonic dragon could not stand against the power of the new Mothra and was soon defeated. With the help of the Seal of Elias, Leo imprisoned the beast once again within its ancient tomb. Leo then went on to replenish the land destroyed by Desghidorah, releasing a powder that sped up the growth of Hokkaido's flora. With the forests and fields returned to their original beauty, Leo returned to Infant island.
Dagahra began infesting the ocean with toxic parasites called Barems. Leo attacked Dagahra and seemed to have the upper hand, until the battle was taken underwater. Unable to combat Dagahra in his element, Leo was overwhelmed by a swarm of Barem and awaited his opponents' killing blow. However, with the assistance of the Elias, Mothra Leo was replenished by the water spirit Ghogo and was transformed into a new form, Rainbow Mothra (レインボーモスラ?). Suffused with the water spirit's ancient magic, Rainbow Mothra re-entered the fray, relentlessly assaulting Dagahra. Yet, when the toxic one retreated below the waves, Rainbow Mothra followed suit and dove under the water, transforming himself into his new aqua form, Aqua Mothra Reinbō Mosura (アクアモスラ?), and finishing off Dagahra. With his foe defeated, Rainbow Mothra then flew off into the horizon and thus, the world is once again safe.
Rainbow Mothra was awakened again to fight King Ghidorah when he was eating humans. The two fought, but Rainbow Mothra was quickly defeated. Rainbow Mothra was transformed into Light Speed Mothra (光速モード・モスラ?, lit. Light Speed Mode Mothra) and went back in time to kill King Ghidorah when he was weaker. He went back to the Cretaceous period, where he fought Cretaceous King Ghidorah. He defeated Cretaceous Ghidorah, but his tail was buried in the ground. Cretaceous Ghidorah regrew from the tail, and arrived in the present only a day later. Leo attacked King Ghidorah as Armor Mothra Kōsoku Mōdo Mosura (鎧モスラ?), and killed him. Armor Mothra transformed into Eternal Mothra Yoroi Mosura (エタナール・モスラ?) and flew away in peace.
| This plot section is useless.
Please edit this page and add the plot!
Mothra Leo possesses considerably more abilities than his mother, which often vary depending on which form he takes.
- Mothra Leo can spray webbing out of his mouth with a multicolored electrical aftershock.
- Mega Breast Cannon: a powerful blue chest laser.
- Mothra Leo is able to blend in with his surroundings.
- Land speed is up to 40 kilometers per hour. Mothra Leo can also swim.
- Fight at speeds up to Mach 15.5. The Excel Dash technique allows him to temporary reach Mach 85.
- Cross Heat Lasers: a trio of thin beams emitted from the gems on his forehead.
- Jade Bolts: electrical blasts fired from his wings. Usually used in conjunction with his debilitating Reflective Green Powder.
- Mega Breast Cannon: a powerful blue chest laser capable of sending Dagahra hurtling through the air and vaporizing large swaths of water.
- Mothra Leo is able to break apart into thousands of energized, 30.5-centimeter versions of himself.
- Excel Pileload: jade rings released by spinning directly above an opponent.
- Sparkling PryeRoad: a series of energy columns.
- Sun Strike Buster: After raining down Reflective Green Powder in a circle, Mothra Leo can call forth a titanic beam of emerald energy to strike a foe below him.
- Mothra Leo is able to dramatically speed up the growing process of plants, returning the Hokkaido rain forest to its original state in a matter of minutes.
- Flight at speeds up to Mach 15.5.
- Cross Heat Rainbow Laser: a trio of thin beams emitted from the gems on his forehead, considerably stronger than his imago form's Cross Heat Lasers.
- Mineral Chest Cannon: a powerful blue chest laser. A variant of this attack was used to cut off his Aqua form's Pressure Field and send Dagahra falling towards Nilai-Kanai Temple.
- Rainbow Mothra can generate a Reflective Rainbow Powder from his wings which can paralyze and cause pain to his opponent.
- Pressure Field: an invisible barrier capable of deflecting Dagahra's Irabushan Beam. However, it was unable to repel King Ghidorah's gravity beams or his younger form's fireballs.
- Sparkling Rainbow Buster: energy bolts released by spinning towards an opponent.
- Rainbow Mothra can transform into Aqua Mothra.
- Aqua Mothra's maximum swimming speed is 200 knots.
- Cross Heat Pulsar Beam: a trio of thin beams emitted from the gems on his forehead.
- X-shaped energy blasts which form at Aqua Mothra's wings and fire from the head. They are usually blue, though there is a powerful orange variant as well.
- Crescent Dash Beam: V-shaped energy blasts fired from his antennae.
- Pressure Field: an invisible barrier capable of dissipating Dagahra's Irabushan Beams.
- Aqua Mothra is able to break apart into thousands of energized, 30.5-centimeter versions of himself, each of which can use his own Cross Heat Pulsar Beam.
- Aqua Mothra can generate a tractor beam in his wake, capable of lifting the 17,700-ton Dagahra out of the water and into the air.
- Capable of transforming into either Rainbow Mothra or Light Speed Mothra.
Light Speed Mothra
- Flight at speeds up to 186,000 miles per second.
- Able to travel through time.
- Capable of transforming into Rainbow Mothra.
- Flight at speeds up to Mach 15.
- Armor Mothra's carapace is incredibly strong, allowing him to shrug off the same attacks from King Ghidorah that devastated his Rainbow form.
- His razor-sharp wings were able to remove one of King Ghidorah's wings with two slices.
- Armor Cross Heat Laser: a concentrated blue beam fired from the gems on his forehead, strong enough to penetrate King Ghidorah's barrier.
- Excel Dash Buster: Armor Mothra energizes himself and flies straight through an opponent, causing them to slowly turn to crystal and explode.
- Capable of transforming into Eternal Mothra.
- Flight at speeds up to Mach 15.
- With the aid of the Elias Triangle, Eternal Mothra was able to restore life to Moll.
- As this form never fought another monster, his other abilities are unknown.
- Rebirth of Mothra (1996)
- Rebirth of Mothra II (1997)
- Godzilla Island (TV 1997)
- Rebirth of Mothra III (1998)
- Godzilla: Trading Battle (Larva, Regular Imago, Aqua)
- Monster Strike (Armor)
- Godzilla: Kaiju Collection (Aqua, Armor, Eternal)
- Main article: Mothra Leo/Gallery.
Mothra Leo's roars consist primarily of altered Mothra roars, which have been modified to sound deeper and more masculine. As Armor Mothra, Leo's roar is very mechanical-sounding, sounding almost like a drill.
- Mothra Leo has his own theme song, which he shares with Mothra.
- In the English dubs for the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy, Leo's gender was changed from film to film. However, Mothra Leo is generally considered to be male, while Mothra herself is female.
- Rainbow Mothra appears on the cover of Godzilla: Save the Earth, despite only Mothra herself being featured in the game.
This is a list of references for Mothra Leo. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 11 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.