From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopedia
In the real world
- Revered filmmaker Akira Kurosawa passes away on September 6.
- The first American Godzilla film, GODZILLA, is released to theaters on May 19 in the United States and on July 11 in Japan and is met with mostly negative reception, though it gains over $379 million in the box office.
- The first episode of Godzilla: The Series, New Family: Part 1, airs on September 12. A sequel to the poorly received American film released earlier the same year, Godzilla: The Series managed to garner a relatively positive reception among audiences and Godzilla fans, and ran for two more years.
- The final entry in the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy, Rebirth of Mothra III, is released to Japanese theaters on December 12.
- The Official Godzilla Compendium is published on March 24.
- The video game Godzilla Generations is released on November 27 as part of the Japanese launch of the Sega Dreamcast. A year later, it would receive a sequel in Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact.
- The video game Godzilla: Trading Battle is released on December 3 for the Sony PlayStation.
In the Kaiju Multiverse
- The space monster King Ghidorah returns to Earth and begins to capture human children. Mothra Leo is called upon to fight the creature, but cannot stand against the King of Terror's awesome power. In a desperate move, Leo travels back in time to the Cretaceous period in an attempt to defeat Ghidorah when he was younger and weaker. Leo succeeds in destroying Cretaceous King Ghidorah (save for a severed tail which digs itself into the ground), but is gravely injured. However, after three Primitive Mothra Larvae encase him in a silk cocoon, Leo survives through the ages and emerges from his cocoon in 1998 in his most powerful form: Armor Mothra. In this new form, Leo fights and defeats King Ghidorah, who had completely regenerated from the severed tail. Leo then sheds his armor, becoming Eternal Mothra, and flies off into the sunset with the Elias. (Rebirth of Mothra III)
- A monster created by a nuclear test in French Polynesia arrives in New York City. There, the monster, dubbed "Godzilla" lays over 200 eggs in Madison Square Garden. The creatures soon hatch and attempt to escape, but are killed when the building is bombed. Godzilla then emerges and attacks in revenge, but is lured to the Brooklyn Bridge, where he is entangled in the suspension cables and killed by three F-18 Hornets. However, one egg survives the bombing and soon hatches into another Godzilla. This monster, though, proves far more docile than its father and imprints on scientist Niko Tatopoulos. This new Godzilla then travels the globe with Nick and his H.E.A.T. team to battle various other giant monsters that have appeared. (GODZILLA and Godzilla: The Series)
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.