From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
In the real world[edit | edit source]
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Wikizilla.
- GODZILLA: The Planet Eater becomes available for streaming worldwide on Netflix on January 9.
- Paramount releases The Cloverfield Paradox on DVD and Blu-ray on February 5.
- The Dawn of Kaiju Eiga premieres in Tokyo, Japan on April 2.
- Legendary Comics publishes Godzilla: Aftershock on May 21.
- Warner Bros. releases Godzilla: King of the Monsters to theaters on May 31st. Titan Books publishes Godzilla: King of the Monsters - The Official Movie Novelization three days prior.
- Titan Books publishes The Art of Godzilla: King of the Monsters on June 4.
- IDW Publishing publishes all 12 issues of Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters as a single volume on July 2.
- IDW publishes Godzilla: Complete Rulers of Earth Volume 2 on August 13.
In fiction[edit | edit source]
- Eco-terrorist Alan Jonah, assisted by Monarch scientist Emma Russell and her daughter Madison, awakens the three-headed Titan known as Monster Zero from Outpost 32 in Antarctica using Emma's sonar device, the Orca. He is immediately met by Godzilla, who fights him until he takes flight and retreats. Monster Zero travels to Isla de Mara, where Jonah and Emma have just awakened the winged Titan Rodan. Monster Zero defeats Rodan but is dragged underwater by Godzilla, who nearly kills him before the United States military fires the Oxygen Destroyer at both monsters, severely weakening Godzilla but leaving Monster Zero unharmed. Monarch learns that Monster Zero is the dreaded ancient terror from outer space known as King Ghidorah after he emits a call that awakens dormant Titans around the globe and causes them to begin rampaging under his command. Mothra emerges from her cocoon in China and leads Monarch and the military to Godzilla's lair in the Hollow Earth. Dr. Ishiro Serizawa sacrifices his life to detonate a nuclear warhead that revitalizes Godzilla. Supported by Monarch and the military, Godzilla and Mothra travel to Boston to confront Ghidorah, who is drawn there after Madison uses the loudspeakers at Fenway Park to broadcast a signal from the Orca that pacifies the other Titans. Ghidorah summons Rodan to even the odds, but Mothra manages to defeat him despite being badly injured in their duel. Ghidorah overpowers Godzilla, but Mothra sacrifices her life to protect him and imparts her life energy into him. Emma sacrifices her life to lure Ghidorah as far away as possible using the Orca, allowing Godzilla to become Burning Godzilla and completely destroy Ghidorah once and for all. Rodan and the other Titans awakened by Ghidorah then submit to Godzilla, who establishes himself as the King of the Monsters. Jonah and his men return to Isla de Mara and purchase one of Ghidorah's heads that had been severed by Godzilla in their earlier battle from a local fisherman. (Godzilla: King of the Monsters)
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.