Godziban is a fan film submitted to the Godzilla-based audition campaign held by the collaborative project GEMSTONE, uploaded to YouTube on March 20, 2019. It carried over characters from Koganemushi's 2004 puppet show Gekigoji, and led to Toho greenlighting Godziban as a web series. It marked the debuts of four of the five segments in the show's first season, with the exception of Hedoji Adventures.
In the Go! Go! Godzilla-kun segment, Godzilla-kun, Minilla, Little, and Moshu Moshu introduce themselves. Godzilla-kun proposes a race; while he and Little start with a huge lead, Moshu Moshu soon rockets past them. A segment of Master of Monsters: Hedoji follows. In the Attention! Godzilla segment, a young girl with a love of dogs encounters Kamachi, left in a box on the side of the road. Shocked at his appearance, she walks past him at first, but ultimately decides to take him, the monster riding in her backpack. In the Go! Jet Jaguar segment, Jet Jaguar faces questions at a press conference. In the Moshi Mosu segment, Moshu Moshu and her twin communicate via string telephone. After a "Godzidan" song and dance, the pilot closes with another Master of Monsters: Hedoji segment.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Hideyuki Kobayashi, Atsushi Shimazaki
- Written by Hideyuki Kobayashi
- Cinematography by Atsushi Shimazaki
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Moshu Moshu
- Jet Jaguar
- King Ghidorah
- Segments in the Godziban pilot would form the basis for the Season 1 episodes "Run Past! Three Brothers" and the segment "Moshu Moshu Transmission". The schoolgirl who adopted Kamachi would return in "MerryGoji: The Godzilla Who Came on Christmas Eve!", with a shot from the pilot recycled as ShoGoji told the story of how the two met.
- Three puppets in the "Godzidan" segment have yet to appear in the show: two Godzillas and a King Ghidorah.
- The end credits show many of the actresses who would appear in Season 1 Attention! Godzilla segments cuddling Kamachi.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.