Space Monster Wangmagwi (1967)
Plot[edit | edit source]
The giant monster Wangmagwi, controlled by invading alien beings, wreaks havoc in South Korea.
Staff[edit | edit source]
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Planned by Jong-taek Lee
- Directed by Kwon Hyeok-jin
- Written by Ha-yeong Byeon
- Produced by Ki-dong Woo
- Music by Jong-kun Jeon
- Cinematography by Chang Gi Ham
- Edited by Dong-Chun Hyeon
- Special effects by Byung-Soo Kim
Cast[edit | edit source]
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Won Namkung as Ujugoein Wangmagwi
- Seon-kyeong Kim
- Eun-jin Han
- Hie-gab Kim
- Kim Hee-kap
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Weapons, vehicles, and races[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Space Monster Wangmagwi/Gallery.
Alternate titles[edit | edit source]
Theatrical releases[edit | edit source]
- South Korea - June 27, 1967
Video releases[edit | edit source]
Space Monster Wangmagwi has never been released on home video anywhere in the world. In 2019, SRS Cinema attempted to acquire the distribution rights to the film, but the rights holder was uninterested.
However, in June 2022, after many months and years of negotiations, SRS Cinema finally secured the home media rights to the film. It is scheduled for release in August or September of the same year.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Space Monster Wangmagwi is the second known giant monster film to be have been made in South Korea after Bulgasari, being released just over two months before Yongary, Monster from the Deep.
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Space Monster Wangmagwi. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 6 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.