The Great Yokai War (2005)
|Daiei/Kadokawa yokai films|
The Great Yokai War (妖怪大戦争 is a Yōkai Daisensō)2005 yokai fantasy film co-produced by Kadokawa, Japan Film Fund, and Nippon TV, and distributed by Shochiku. The film was released to Japanese theaters on August 16, 2005. It serves as a spiritual successor to Daiei's Yokai Monsters films of the 1960's, and is a loose remake of the second entry in the series.
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
To be added.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Takashi Miike
- Written by Takashi Miike, Mitsuhiko Sawamura, Tsuyohiko Itakura
- Produced by Fumio Inoue, Shun Shimizu
- Executive producing by Kazuo Kuroi, Tsuguhiko Kadokawa
- Music by Koji Endo
- Cinematography by Hideo Yamamoto
- Edited by Yasushi Shimamura
- Production design by Takashi Sasaki
- Assistant directing by Hideyuki Yamamoto
- Theme song "Ai o Utaou" and Insert Song "Oshiete Jiji" performed by Kiyoshiro Imawano, Yosuei Inoue
- Lyrics by Takashi Miike
- Composed by Kiyoshiro Imawano
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Stephanie Sheh as Yoko Ino, Tadashi's mother
|This section is under construction.|
- Main article: The Great Yokai War/Gallery.
- The Yokai War (French title; La Guerre des Yokai)
- War of the Demons - The Great Yokai War (German title; Krieg der Dämonen - The Great Yokai War)
- The War of Ghosts (Italian title; La Guerra dei Fantasmi)
- The Great Goblin War (Russian title; Великая Война Гоблинов)
Universe DVD (2006)
- Region: 3
- Discs: 2
- Audio: Cantonese (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Japanese (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX, DTS ES 6.1)
- Subtitles: Chinese (Traditional), English, Chinese (Simplified)
Tokyo Shock DVD (2006)
- Region: 1
- Discs: 2
- Audio: Japanese, English
- Subtitles: English
- Special features: Making of documentary, cast interviews, World Yokai Conference documentary, yokai profiles, still gallery.
HK Video DVD/Blu-ray (2014)
- Region: B/2
- Discs: 3 (One Blu-ray disc, two DVDs)
- Audio: Japanese (DTS-HD 5.1), French (DTS-HD 5.1)
- Subtitles: French
- Notes: Packaged with Yokai Monsters: One Hundred Monsters, Yokai Monsters: Spook Warfare, and Yokai Monsters: Along with Ghosts.
- Main article: The Great Yokai War: Guardians.
- Gamera is referenced in the film as the enemy's base flies over Tokyo.
- Kuwantaro makes reference to the series GeGeGe no Kitaro on at least one occasion. The creator of the series, Shigeru Mizuki, later makes a cameo in the film as a yokai elder.
This is a list of references for The Great Yokai War. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 5 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.