Geharha: The Dark and Long Haired Monster (2009)
Geharha: The Dark and Long Haired Monster (長髪大怪獣ゲハラ is a Chōhatsu Daikaijū Gehara, lit. Giant Long Haired Monster Geharha)2009 made-for-television short kaiju film. It aired on the NHK program Paphoo! on February 24, 2009.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Two fishermen were on a boat. The boat suddenly began shaking and soon exploded as Geharha rised from the ocean. One fisherman survived Geharha's attack and was found completely bald. He was admitted into a hospital where he began suffering from violent outbursts, screaming the word "hair" quite often. This intrigued a photographer to go deep into a forest looking for anything possibly connected to the attack on the boat. He found a broken stone that read 'Geharha Shrine'. He came across a wooden house full of people that worshipped Geharha, practicing a native dance dedicated to the beast. Their leader told the report that Geharha had escaped and that nothing could be done to stop it. Geharha attacked the city and was attacked by the military, but their weapons were useless. They then made a giant fan which they used to fight Geharha, destroying the area around it in the process. The military continued to attack Geharha, driving him out of the city. They tracked him down in the mountains and bombed him, eventually killing him and causing his body to fall into a river. However, a UFO then came and captured Geharha. They threatened the humans to surrender and then revived Geharha, setting him free to attack Japan once again.
Staff[edit | edit source]
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Kiyotaka Taguchi
- Written by Jun Miura
- Produced by Takuyuki Matsuno
- Executive Producer Shinji Higuchi
- Stock Music by Akira Ifukube
- Cinematography by Satoshi Murakawa
- Edited by Atsuki Sato
- Production Design by Masato Inatsuki
- Director of Special Effects Kiyotaka Taguchi
Cast[edit | edit source]
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Ken Osawa as Hideo Hagiwara
- Mina Fujii as Momoko Hagiwara
- Yukihide Benny as
- Jiji-Boo as Doctor
- Mark Chinery as Dr. Anderson
- Wakana Matsumoto as Signalman
- Keisaku Kimura as Signalman
- Akane Oshawa as
- Yuri Morishita as
- Kazuhiro Yoshida as Geharha
- Mitsuko Oka as Tsuruko Hagiwara
- Shiro Sano as Dr. Murakami
- Tomorowo Taguchi as Shinto priest
- Kanji Tsuda as Fisherman Kubo
- Hiroyuki Watanabe as JSDF commander
- Pierre Taki as Tank Corps captain
- Terry Ito as Alien
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Weapons, vehicles, and races[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Geharha: The Dark and Long Haired Monster/Gallery.
Alternate titles[edit | edit source]
- Giant Long Haired Monster Geharha (literal Japanese title)
Video releases[edit | edit source]
King Records DVD/Blu-ray (2009)
- Region: 2 (DVD) or A/1 (Blu-ray)
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese
- Subtitles: English
- Special features: "The People Who Made Geharha" behind-the-scenes featurette
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The design of the Gas Vortical Device Fujin strongly resembles the Markalite Cannons from The Mysterians.
- The UFO in the The Last Chapter: Geharha: Monster Martial Law "trailer" at the end of the film raises Geharha from a lake in the same way an Xilien UFO raised Godzilla in Invasion of Astro-Monster.
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Geharha: The Dark and Long Haired Monster. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 3 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.