This summer is amazing! (今年の夏はコイツが凄い！)
The battle begins, a struggle for love and courage―the world's first SFX robot action movie is finally born! (戦いが始まる、愛と勇気の戦いが―世界初SFXロボット・アクション映画、ついに誕生！)
A battlefield never before seen (誰も見たことがない戦場)
Gunhed (ガンヘッド is a Ganheddo)1989 tokusatsu mecha film directed and co-written (with James Bannon) by Masato Harada, with special effects by Koichi Kawakita. It was funded by the Gunhed Production Committee (consisting of Toho, Sunrise, Bandai, Kadokawa Shoten Publishing, IMAGICA, and Toho Pictures)[a] and produced by Toho Pictures and Sunrise, with special effects produced by Toho Eizo Bijutsu. The film stars Masahiro Takashima, Brenda Bakke, Aya Enjoji, Kaori Mizushima, Yujin Harada, Yosuke Saito, Jay Kabira, and Mickey Curtis. Toho released it to Japanese theaters on July 22, 1989.
|“I knew that『plot』wasn't up to much.”
This plot synopsis is missing or incomplete.
Please help by editing this section.
To be added.
- Main article: Gunhed/Credits.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Masato Harada
- Written by Masato Harada, James Bannon
- Associate writer Hiroshi Kashiwabara (uncredited)
- Executive producers Tomoyuki Tanaka, Eiji Yamaura
- Produced by Yoshishige Shimatani, Tetsuhisa Yamada
- Music by Toshiyuki Honda
- Theme song "TIME -Song for GUNHED-"
- Performed by Mariko Nagai
- Lyrics by Yoshiko Miura
- Composed by Takayuki Baba
- Arranged by Takayuki Negishi
- Cinematography by Junichi Fujisawa
- Edited by Yoshitami Kuroiwa
- Production design by Fumio Ogawa
- 1st assistant director Hideyuki Inoue
- Director of special effects Koichi Kawakita
- 1st assistant director of special effects Kiyotaka Matsumoto
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Masahiro Takashima as Brooklyn
- Brenda Bakke as Sergeant Nim
- Aya Enjoji as Bebe
- Kaori Mizushima as Eleven
- Yujin Harada as Seven
- Jay Kabira as Bombbay
- Yosuke Saito as Boxer
- Doll Nguyen as Boomerang
- James Brewster Thompson as Barabbas / Biodroid
- Mickey Curtis as Bancho
- Randy Reyes as Gunhed (voice) / narrator (voice)
- Michael Yancy as narrator (voice)
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- Main article: Gunhed/Gallery.
- Main article: Gunhed/Soundtrack.
- Robot War (Robotok háborúja; Hungary, Robot War; Germany)
- Region: 1
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese (2.0), English (2.0)
- Special features: Japanese trailer
- Notes: Reissued in 2008. Both releases are out of print.
- Region: 2
- Discs:: 2
- Audio: Japanese (2.0)
- Subtitles: None
- Special features: Behind-the-scenes featurette (28 minutes), cast profiles, five trailers, image gallery
- Notes: The CD contains the film's soundtrack.
Toho Blu-ray (2022)
- Region: A
- Discs: 2
- Audio: Japanese (Dolby TrueHD Surround)
- Subtitles: Japanese
- Special features: Audio commentary, behind-the-scenes featurette (28 minutes), Gunhed 2025 short film, Japanese trailer, image gallery,
- Notes: Includes the 100-minute theatrical version and 92-minute TV broadcast version.
- Gunhed was an early credit of both Yoshishige Shimatani (producer) and Tsuguhiko Kadokawa (production committee member), who would go on to become the chairmen of Toho and Kadokawa, respectively.
This is a list of references for Gunhed. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 12 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.