- This page is for the IMAGICA GROUP and all of its relevant subsidiaries from both past and present. "Far East Laboratory", "IMAGICA", "IMAGICA Lab.", "OLM", and "ROBOT" all redirect here.
IMAGICA GROUP Inc. (株式会社IMAGICA GROUP is a Kabushiki Gaisha Imajika Gurūpu)Japanese conglomerate headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, which was established in its current incarnation in 2002.
The group comprises numerous companies, several of which have been involved in tokusatsu productions spanning back as far as the 1950s. Chief among these is the post-production company IMAGICA Lab. Inc. (株式会社IMAGICA Lab. which was founded in 1932 and has been known under various names; it served as the processing facility for a number of tokusatsu films between the 1950s and 80s as Far East Laboratory Kabushiki Gaisha Imajika Rabo) (株式会社東洋現像所. Kabushiki Gaisha Tōyō Genzōsho)[note 1] Its name was changed to simply IMAGICA Inc. (株式会社IMAGICA in 1986, with this incarnation of the company serving as an executive producer on the Kabushiki Gaisha Imajika)1989 film Gunhed as well as providing post-production for three entries in Tsuburaya Productions' Ultra Series in the 1990s.
Other subsidiaries of the IMAGICA GROUP include the production company OLM, Inc. (株式会社オー・エル・エム, which produced the Kabushiki Gaisha Ō Eru Emu)2021 film The Great Yokai War: Guardians; its own subsidiary OLM Digital, Inc. (株式会社オー・エル・エム・デジタル, which created CGI for Kabushiki Gaisha Ō Eru Emu Dejitaru)2005's The Great Yokai War; and ROBOT COMMUNICATIONS INC. (株式会社ロボット, which is set to produce the Kabushiki Gaisha Robotto)next live-action Godzilla film for Toho.
Far East Laboratory
- Rodan (1956)
- The Mysterians (1957)
- The H-Man (1958)
- The Three Treasures (1959)
- Battle in Outer Space (1959)
- The Secret of the Telegian (1960)
- The Demon of Mount Oe (1960)
- Mothra (1961)
- The Last War (1961)
- Daimajin (1966)
- Return of Daimajin (1966)
- Wrath of Daimajin (1966)
- Gappa (1967)
- Yokai Monsters: 100 Monsters (1968)
- Goké, Body Snatcher from Hell (1968)
- Yokai Monsters: Spook Warfare (1968)
- Yokai Monsters: Along with Ghosts (1969)
- Horror of the Wolf (1973)
- Submersion of Japan (1973)
- Conflagration (1975)
- House (1977)
- Bye-Bye Jupiter (1984)
- Gunhed (1989)
- Ultraman Tiga (TV 1996-1997)
- Ultraman Dyna (TV 1997-1998)
- Ultraman Gaia (TV 1998-1999)
OLM Digital, Inc.
- The Great Yokai War (2005)
- Gunhed (1989) - Presenter [IMAGICA Inc.]
- Always: Sunset on Third Street 2 (2007) - Presenter [IMAGICA Holdings, ROBOT] / producer [ROBOT]
- The Great Yokai War: Guardians (2021) - Presenter [OLM, Inc.] / producer [OLM, Inc.]
- yokaipedia (2022) - Presenter [ROBOT] / producer [ROBOT]
- Blockbuster Monster Movie (TBA) - Producer [ROBOT, with TOHO Studios]
- ↑ Also known by various other translations including Toyo Laboratory, Toyo Development, Far Eastern Laboratory, and Far East Laboratories.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.