You're not you when you're hungry.®
— Snickers® Slogan
Snickers has made one Godzilla commercial.
Snickers® - "Godzilla"
The Godzilla Snickers commercial starts with Godzilla and four other guys just standing around a yellow car in the sand of a lake surrounded by mountains. A girl walks by and waves at Godzilla while smiling. The guys Godzilla is hanging out with are impressed by Godzilla's abilities to attract girls and high-five him, saying "How do you do it?!" and "Yeah, Godzilla!".
The next scene shows Godzilla and the guys driving four-wheelers in a desert-like area. Godzilla speeds by the guys and jumps up some higher land as the guys cheer him on. The next scene shows Godzilla playing table tennis with them. Godzilla and a guy hit the ball back at each other three times, with Godzilla hitting the ball off the table the fourth time.
The next scene, in the extended version, shows Godzilla and three of the four guys holding a cooler full of ice. They pour the ice on top of the fourth guy, who was laying on the sand.
The next scene shows Godzilla partying and dancing with a girl half his size. A guy tells another guy "Godzilla's actually pretty cool!". The other guy nods in agreement, but adds "Except when he's hungry." The original guy smiles and nods, looking to Godzilla.
The next scene shows Godzilla, now several stories high, firing his atomic breath at a taxi and rampaging through the city. The taxi lands near the four guys, and one of them says "Quick, grab a Snickers!". The northernmost guy unwraps a Snickers chocolate bar slightly and throws it into Godzilla's mouth. The chocolate bar successfully lands on Godzilla's mouth, which he closes and makes an "mmm" sound to.
In the next scene, Godzilla is waterboarding at the lake, and he skips across the guys, now accompanied by the girl seen previously, and soaks them in water. They cheer Godzilla on as he gives a thumbs up. The Snickers® slogan shows up, and the 2014 film is advertised at the very end.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Godzilla Puppeteers Michael Manzel, Bruce Mitchell
- Client Snickers, Mars North America
- Brand Director, Snickers Allison Miazga-Bedrick
- Sr. Brand Manager, Snickers Steve Finnie
- Agency BBDO, NY
- Chief Creative Officer, Worldwide David Lubars
- Chief Creative Officer, New York Greg Hahn
- Creative Director/VP Alex Taylor
- Creative Director/VP Jason Stefanik
- Creative Directors Gianfranco Arena, Peter Kain
- Producer Amy Wertheimer
- SVP, Senior Account Director Kathryn Brown
- Executive Music Producer Loren Parkins
- Account Director Josh Steinman, David Rolfe
- Production Company Smith and Jones
- Director Ulf Johansson
- Executive Producer Philippa Smith
- Line Producer Justine Madero
- Production Supervisor Tim Kreis
- Assistant Production Supervisor Andrea Panda
- 1st AD Sean Cotter
- 2nd AD Ian Stoker
- 2nd 2nd Mitch Jones
- Director of Photography Andrejz Sekula
- Camera Operator Matt Baker
- 1st AC ‘A’ Cam EJ Misisco
- 1st AC ‘B’ Cam Paul Santoni
- 2nd AC Tyler Emmett
- DIT Will Chung
- Key Costumer Matt Goldman
- 2nd Costumer Lindy McMichael
- Key Make-Up Jane Choi
- Production Designer Chris Gorak
- Assistant Art Director Tracy Gaydos
- Leadman John Goetchius
- Set Dressers Doug O’Conor, Erik Mulet
- On Set Dresser Jesse Mexia
- Drivers/Set Dressers Eric Erslan, Glen Kennedy
- Propmaster Chris Wright
- Prop Maker Mark Summit
- Assistant Props Gilles De Baillenx
- SFPX Coordinator Dave Petersen
- Editorial Mackenzie Cutler
- Editor Ian Mackenzie
- Assistant Editor Nick Divers
- Director of Operations Biz Lynskey
- Producer Evan Meeker
- Script Supervisor Lisa Bobonis
- Visual Effects MPC NY
- VFX Supervisor Alex Lovejoy
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Douglas Tait as Godzilla
- Jermaine Williams as Godzilla Friend #1
- Arnie Pantoja as Godzilla Friend #2
- Matt Mider as Godzilla Friend #3
- John Druska as Godzilla Friend #4
- Adrienne Rusk as Girl on Beach
Snickers Godzilla vs. Kong promo
Showing 16 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.