Sega Games Co., Ltd. (株式会社セガゲームス is a multinational video game developer and publisher headquartered in Kabushiki Gaisha Sega Gēmusu)Tokyo, Japan. In the 1990's, Sega developed and published many games using the Godzilla license, with the games appearing on Sega's consoles. In 2004, Sega merged with the game developer Sammy (サミー, which developed multiple Samī)Gamera games before and since, and absorbed its video game businesses. As a result, Gamera and some of his monster co-stars made guest appearances in Sega's mobile game Monster Gear.
In addition to video games, Sega often releases prize figures or plushes based on films or anime. These figures are typically awarded through claw machines, hence their name. Sega has released prize figures or plushes for every Godzilla film from Shin Godzilla onward.
Selected Video Games
- Godzilla: Heart-Pounding Monster Island!! (1995) - developer and publisher for Sega Pico, later re-released on PC in 1999
- Godzilla: Giant Monster March (1995) - developer and publisher for Sega Game Gear
- Godzilla: Archipelago Shock (1995) - developer and publisher for Sega Saturn
- Gamera: Gyaos Destruction Strategy - developed and published by Sammy for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Godzilla Generations (1998) - publisher for Sega Dreamcast
- Collect Godzilla: Giant Monster Assembly (1998) - publisher for Sega Dreamcast VMU
- Mothra: Dream Battle (1998) - publisher for Sega Dreamcast VMU
- Gamera: Dream Battle (1999) - publisher for Sega Dreamcast VMU
- Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact (1999) - publisher for Sega Dreamcast
- Godzilla: Pachislot Wars (2007) - developed and published by Sammy for pachislot
- CR Gamera (2009) - developed and published by Sammy for pachinko
- Monster Gear (2015) - developer and publisher for Android and iOS [features Gamera, Gyaos, Guiron, and Jiger as guest characters]
Prize Figures and Plushes
Godzilla 2016 prize figure
Godzilla 2017 prize figure
Godzilla 2017 and Servum prize mini plushes
Godzilla Earth prize jumbo plush
Godzilla 2019 prize figure
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.