Marvel Publishing, Inc., commonly referred to as Marvel Comics, is an American company that publishes comic books and related media.
From 1977 to 1979, Marvel Comics published Godzilla, King of the Monsters, a comic series that integrated Godzilla into the Earth-616 Marvel Universe. After losing the rights to Godzilla, Marvel was forced to abandon the character, but continued to use their original characters that debuted alongside him. A mutated version of the monster appeared unnamed in several comics in 1985 and 1986. A creature based on Godzilla's likeness made a cameo in The Mighty Avengers #1 in 2007, though it was not an explicit re-emergence of the character. Most recently, Godzilla was referenced by Marvel via multiple pictures in Monsters Unleashed #6 in 2017.
Comics featuring Godzilla[edit | edit source]
- Godzilla, King of the Monsters #1-24 (1977-1979)
- Marvel Comic #330 (1979) [reprint]
- Essential Godzilla, King of the Monsters (2005) [reprint]
Unlicensed appearances[edit | edit source]
- Uncanny X-Men #181 (1984) [picture]
- Iron Man #193-194, 196 (1985)
- The Thing #31 (1986)
- Doctor Who Magazine #115 (1986)
- X-Terminators #1 (1988) [picture]
- Avengers West Coast Annual (vol. 2) #6 (1991)
- The Incredible Hulk Annual #19 (1993) [picture]
- The Amazing Spider-Man #413 (1997) [robot duplicate]
- Marvel 75th Anniversary Celebration (2014)
- Monsters Unleashed #6 (2017) [pictures]
See also[edit | edit source]
Showing 12 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.