Bireley's (バヤリース Bayarīsu) is a line of Japanese fruit drinks manufactured by Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd. since 1951. Bireley's and its most popular product, Bireley's Orange (バヤリースオレンジ Bayarīsu Orenji), had frequent product placement in films produced by Toho, beginning in at least 1960. Its most conspicuous appearances were in Mothra and King Kong vs. Godzilla.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Warning from Space (1956)
- The Human Vapor (1960) [American version]
- The Last War (1961)
- Mothra (1961)
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
- Matango (1963)
- Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
- Dogora (1964)
- Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
- Son of Godzilla (1967)
- Destroy All Monsters (1968)
- Space Amoeba (1970)
- The Blue Stigma (1978)
- Godzilla Singular Point (TV 2021) [ending]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bottles of Bireley's Orange in The Last War
Japanese King Kong vs. Godzilla poster, featuring an ad for Bireley's Orange
The Bireley's logo on a newspaper in the English version of The Human Vapor
Bireley's Orange cans in Matango
Bireley's banner in Mothra vs. Godzilla
Japanese Mothra vs. Godzilla poster, featuring an ad for Bireley's Orange
The Bireley's logo on a sign in Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
A can of Bireley's Orange in Son of Godzilla
Bireley's and Bireley's Orange signs in Destroy All Monsters
A Bireley's sign in Destroy All Monsters
Bottles of Bireley's Orange in Space Amoeba.
Bireley's Orange in the end credits of Godzilla Singular Point
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In issues 11 and 13 of the comic Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, Bireley's is referenced in the form of two drink cans with a similar logo beginning with the letters "Bi".
Showing 4 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.