Anchor Bay Entertainment, previously Video Treasures and Starmaker Entertainment, was an American home entertainment company founded in 1985. The company was a subsidiary of Starz Inc., and went defunct in 2017. Following the merger between Starz and Lionsgate in 2016, Anchor Bay was folded under Lionsgate's home entertainment division. It released several Godzilla movies on VHS in the 1980's and 90's. All of the films were released in English, with the American-recorded dubs used for Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster, Son of Godzilla, and Godzilla 1985
Selected home video releases
- Rodan (1957) - released on VHS in 1989
- Godzilla Raids Again (1959) - released on VHS in 1989
- Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster (1965) - released on VHS in 1988 and 1997
- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1968) - released on VHS in 1989
- Son of Godzilla (1969) - released on VHS in 1987 and 1997
- Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972) - released on VHS in 1992 and 1997
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974) - released on VHS in 1992 and 1997
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (1976) - released on VHS in 1986 and 1997
- Godzilla 1985 (1985) - released on VHS in 1992 and 1997
Godzilla's Biggest Battles box set
Anchor Bay released two variants of this five-tape set in 1997, with the spines of the sleeves forming a Godzilla 1985 image. Both sets contained Godzilla vs. Gigan, Godzilla 1985, Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster, and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, while the fifth tape was either Son of Godzilla or Godzilla vs. Megalon. All six tapes are necessary to form the full spine mural.
Son of Godzilla VHS (1987)
Rodan VHS (1989)
Godzilla Raids Again VHS (1989)
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster VHS (1989)
Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster VHS (1997)
Godzilla vs. Gigan VHS (1997)
Godzilla vs. Megalon VHS (1997)
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla VHS (1997)
Godzilla 1985 VHS (1997)
- While the covers of all of Anchor Bay's 1997 Godzilla releases feature an image of Godzilla 1984 in the background, the cover image for its Godzilla 1985 VHS is actually a still of Godzilla from Destroy All Monsters colorized green.
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.