Toei Company, Ltd. (東映株式会社 is a Japanese film production company and distributor. "Toei" is a contraction of the company's former name, Tokyo Eiga Haikyu Tōei Kabushiki Gaisha) (東京映画配給株式会社. Established on October 1, Tōkyō Eiga Haikyū Kabushiki Gaisha, lit. "Tokyo Film Distribution Company, Ltd.")1949 as a subsidiary of Toyoko Eiga, it absorbed both Toyoko and Oizumi Eiga to become Toei on April 1, 1951. As such, the company officially holds 1949 to be its year of "establishment" and 1951 as its year of "foundation."
Toei has produced two feature length kaiju films: Magic Serpent and Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds. However, it is most famous in the tokusatsu world for its long-running Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series, the latter serving as the basis for the Power Rangers franchise in the United States.
- Magic Serpent (1966)
- The King Kong Show (TV 1966-1967) [Toei Animation]
- Captain Ultra (TV 1967) [with TBS]
- Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds (1977)
- Yugenjikko Sisters Chouchoutrian (TV 1993) [with Fuji TV and Yomiko Advertising; episode 40 in association with Tsuburaya Productions]
- Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider (1993) [with Tsuburaya Productions and Bandai Video]
- Kaiju Ward Gallas (2019) [with Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club]
- What to Do with the Dead Kaiju? (2022) [Toei Tokyo Studio]
- Kaiju Decode (2021) [Toei Animation]
- What to Do with the Dead Kaiju? (2022) [Toei and Toei Animation; with the "DAIKAIJU" Film Partners]
- Shin Kamen Rider (2023) [with the Shin Kamen Rider Film Partners]
- Yongary, Monster from the Deep (1967) [international]
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
- Mirror Fight 2012 (DVD 2012)
- Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon A Time (2021) [with Toho and khara]
This is a list of references for Toei. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 8 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.