Paramount Pictures Corporation is an American film studio and a subsidiary of the media conglomerate ViacomCBS. Founded in 1912 as Famous Players Film Company, it quickly became one of the major Hollywood studios, a position it retains to this day. Its signature franchises are Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Mission Impossible, and Transformers.
Among giant monster fans, Paramount is known for distributing the 1976 King Kong remake, releasing the Toho films formerly owned by UPA on VHS and LaserDisc in the United States, and distributing every entry in the Cloverfield franchise.
Selected films[edit | edit source]
- King Kong (1976) - Distributor
- Cloverfield (2008) - Distributor
- 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) - Distributor
- The Cloverfield Paradox (2018) - Production company (with Bad Robot), distributor (China, home video)
- Love and Monsters (2020) - Distributor
- Rumble (2022) - Distributor
- Untitled Cloverfield sequel (TBA) - Distributor
Selected video releases[edit | edit source]
- Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1954) - VHS (1992) and LaserDisc (1994)
- Rodan (1956) - VHS (1992) and LaserDisc (1994)
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964) - VHS (1983, 1989, and 1994) and LaserDisc (1995)
- Godzilla vs. Monster Zero (1965) - VHS (1983, 1989, and 1994) and LaserDisc (1995)
- The War of the Gargantuas (1966) - VHS (1992) and LaserDisc (1994)
- Godzilla's Revenge (1969) - VHS (1992) and LaserDisc (1994)
- Lake of Dracula (1971) - VHS (1994)
- Evil of Dracula (1974) - VHS (1994)
- Prophecies of Nostradamus (1974) - VHS (1994)
- ESPY (1974) - VHS (1994)
- Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975) - VHS (1983, 1989, and 1994) and LaserDisc (1995)
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.