villagebooks (ヴィレッジブックス, formally the villagebooks Publishing Department Virejjibukkusu) (ヴィレッジブックス出版部, was the publishing department of Virejjibukkusu Shuppanbu)Japanese corporation FuRyu. The villagebooks name was first used in 2001 as the paperback label of Sony Magazines Inc. A standalone company, vilagebooks Inc. (株式会社ヴィレッジブックス, was established in August of Kabushiki Gaisha Virejjibukkusu)2006 to inherit the operations of Sony Magazine's publishing division, which had been acquired by We've Inc. villagebooks Inc. operated until November 1, 2011, when it was absorbed by We've, becoming that company's publishing department. It was finally transferred to FuRyu, We've's parent company, when the two merged on July 1, 2019.
With FuRyu, villagebooks became known for publishing translated versions of American comics, including from Marvel and Legendary Comics. It was responsible for the Japanese distribution of the Monsterverse graphic novels Godzilla: Awakening, Godzilla: Aftershock and Godzilla Dominion. After 16 years of business, villagebooks announced on December 5, 2022 that it would be ceasing operations, effective immediately. Its official website and all other social media accounts were phased out in the ensuing months.
- Toho Special Effects Movie Complete Works (2012)
- Godzilla: Awakening (2014) [translated]
- Godzilla: Aftershock (2019) [translated]
- Godzilla Dominion (2021) [translated][note 1]
- The Rise of Ultraman (2021) [translated]
- The Trials of Ultraman (2021) [translated]
- In 2020, villagebooks released a collection of the first 5 issues of Marvel's Monsters Unleashed under the title Great Advance of Marvel Monsters (マーベル怪獣大進撃), echoing the Japanese title of All Monsters Attack.
- Released as Godzilla: Dominion, with a colon.
This is a list of references for Villagebooks. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.