From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
In the real world
- Mid-January: SRS Cinema releases The Great Buddha Arrival and Nezura 1964 on VHS and Blu-ray.
- 20 January: Legendary Television announces the Monsterverse series Monarch: Legacy of Monsters, which will stream on Apple TV+.
- 4 February: Shochiku and Toei release What to Do with the Dead Kaiju? to Japanese theaters.
- 18 February: A casting call for extras reveals that Takashi Yamazaki will be directing a kaiju film for Toho set in post-war Japan, tentatively titled Blockbuster Monster Movie and eventually revealed as Godzilla Minus One.
- 26 February: Yusuke Kawazu passes away at age 86.
- 14 March: Akira Takarada passes away at age 87.
- 20 March: Legendary Pictures announces the next film in the Monsterverse, a sequel to 2021's Godzilla vs. Kong.
- 23 March:IDW Publishing and BOOM! Studios release the first issue of Godzilla vs. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- 27 March: Hirochika Muraishi passes away at age 75.
- 30 March: Nobuyuki Yasumaru passes away at age 87.
- 3 May: Hiroyuki Watanabe passes away at age 66.
- 13 May: Toho releases Shin Ultraman to Japanese theaters.
- 14 May: Shin Ultra Fight premieres on Tsuburaya Imagination.
- 27 May: The Escape from the Hotel with Godzilla Approaching escape room opens at the Atami Bay Resort Korakuen.
- 15 June: Toho releases Varan, Gorath, Dogora, and Space Amoeba in a Blu-ray set as well as Gunhed on Blu-ray.
- 30 June: The release date for the next Monsterverse movie is set to March 15, 2024.
- 4 July: Shin Ultra Fight concludes.
- 22 July: Toho releases yokaipedia to Japanese theaters.
- 27 July: Teruyoshi Nakano passes away at age 86.
- 29 July: Principal photography begins on the next Monsterverse film.
- 4 August: GigaBash is published on PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 by Passion Republic Games.
- 23 August: Atomic Productions and World Builder Entertainment announce a new King Kong series will be produced for Disney+.
- 30 August: King Kong's Cousin is published by Beach Lane Books.
- 14 September: The fifth and final issue of Godzilla vs. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is released.
- 14 September: Passion Republic Games announce a Godzilla collaboration with GigaBash.
- 15 September: Welbeck Publishing publishes Godzilla: The Official Guide to the King of the Monsters in the United Kingdom.
- 23 September: Yuzo the Biggest Battle in Tokyo premieres at the Kansas City Underground Film Festival.
- 24 September: It is announced that a fourth Cloverfield film will be directed by Babak Anvari.
- 12 October: IDW Publishing releases the first issue of Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors - All Hail the King!.
- 2 November: Godzilla Fest 2022 is held at the Tokyo International Forum. Takashi Yamazaki's Blockbuster Monster Movie is announced to be the next mainline Godzilla film.
- 3 November: The short films Godzilla vs. Gigan Rex and Fest Godzilla 3: Gigan Attacks premiere at Godzilla Fest. The event concludes.
- 3 November: Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is shown in theaters across the United States courtesy of Fathom Events.
- 4 November: The Seibuen amusement park launches the attraction Godzilla the Mission: Escape from the Looming Danger of a Giant Monster.
- 8 November: Welbeck Publishing releases Godzilla: The Official Guide to the King of the Monsters in the United States.
- 12 November: Kazuki Omori passes away at age 70.
- 28 November: StudioCanal release King Kong (1976) to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray.
- 29 November: Discotek Media release Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds on Blu-ray.
- 7 December: Godzilla is made available for purchase as a DLC character in GigaBash.
- 9 December: Cinemago release Yuzo the Biggest Battle in Tokyo to Japanese theaters.
- 21 December: Toho release yokaipedia to Japanese DVD and Blu-ray.
- The members of H.E.A.T. are transported 23 years into their future, when genetically engineered monsters called D.R.A.G.M.A.s have taken over the world. (Godzilla: The Series)
- Megalon attacks Africa a second time, targeting South Africa in particular and displacing 300 to 400 million people. On May 11, Orga makes landfall in Izmir, Turkey, the location of the largest African refuge camp. The military's response is delayed, and the kaiju is not killed until after it reaches the capitol of Ankara. Officially, Orga causes 1.15 million casualties, but refugees are not counted; the true death toll is believed to be over 10 million. Manda appears in the Atlantic Ocean, which will remain under his control for over a decade. (GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse)
4 Feb.: What to Do with the Dead Kaiju? theatrical poster
13 May: Shin Ultraman theatrical release poster
22 July: yokaipedia theatrical poster
9 Dec.: Yuzo the Biggest Battle in Tokyo theatrical release poster