In the real world
- During Operation Sea Orbit, the United States deploys 3 nuclear-powered surface ships around the world to showcase their long-range capabilities.
- 25 July: King Kong vs. Godzilla is re-released in Japan.
- 11 August: Dogora is released in Japan.
- 20 December: Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster is released in Japan.
- After a large typhoon hits Japan, both the egg of Mothra and Godzilla himself are washed ashore. This forces the adult Mothra to venture to Japan to protect her egg. The giant insect engages in battle with Godzilla, but is killed. Fortunately, her egg hatches and her two larval offspring attack their mother's murderer. The larvae encase Godzilla in a blanket of silk and watch as the creature falls into the water, defeated. (Mothra vs. Godzilla)
- A few months after the battle, one of the Mothra larvae dies. (Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster)
- The space monster Dogora appears and is defeated. (Dogora)
This is a list of references for 1964. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.