In the real world
- 24 April: Norman England is born in California, United States.
- 21 May: Godzilla Raids Again is released in the United States under the title Gigantis, the Fire Monster.
- Two giant, fire-breathing dinosaurs, dubbed "Gigantis" and "Angurus," attack Japan. (Gigantis, the Fire Monster)
- At the height of the Cold War, aerial photography taken from a Russian spy plane reveals a huge containment facility established around an ice cap in Siberia. The Monarch symbol can be seen emblazoned across the canopy of the structure, which turned out to be a seemingly empty MUTO nest. In the 1970's, the outpost would be abandoned. (Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Godzilla: Aftershock)
- Billy Randa, his wife Keiko, and Lee Shaw travel to an abandoned facility in Kazakhstan. There they discover an underground chamber which houses dozens of Endoswarmer eggs. (Monarch: Legacy of Monsters)
This is a list of references for 1959. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.