From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
In the real world
- 16 July: Trinity, the world's first detonation of a nuclear weapon, is held at the Jornada del Muerto desert in New Mexico, marking the beginning of the Atomic Age.
- 6 August: The United States drops the Little Boy atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan, leading to the deaths of 90,000 to 146,000 people.
- 9 August: The United States drops the Fat Man atomic bomb on Nagasaki, killing 39,000 to 80,000 people.
- 15 August: Emperor Hirohito announces the surrender of Japan to the nation.
- 2 September: The Japanese formally sign the surrender document aboard the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay, officially marking the end of World War II.
- Nazi forces give Frankenstein's still-beating heart to the Imperial Japanese Navy, which in turn brings it to Hiroshima for study. The heart is irradiated when the Americans destroy the city with an atomic bomb and regrows a new body over the next fifteen years (Frankenstein vs. Baragon)
- Ishiro Serizawa and his father survive the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, encountering a newly-awoken Shinomura that flies away. Godzilla, attracted by the radiation, briefly surfaces in Hiroshima Bay. Ishiro's father leaves him with his grandparents in Kyoto and becomes a sailor. (Godzilla: Awakening)
- Kantaro Tagruato founds Tagruato in Kyushu, Japan. (Cloverfield)
Showing 4 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.