In the real world
- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is released on December 14 in Japanese theatres.
- Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee is released, the first in a series of Atari/Pipeworks Godzilla video games.
- Godzilla vs. Gamera was set to release but never came.
In the Kaiju Multiverse
- 47 years after its first attack, Godzilla returns and attacks Japan. However, the demonic monster is forced to contend with the three Guardian Monsters of Yamato: Baragon, Mothra, and King Ghidorah. After dispatching all three of the Guardian Monsters, Godzilla is eventually destroyed when his Atomic Ray fails to discharge and blows up the monster's body. Unfortunately, the creature's heart survives and continues to beat, foreshadowing its possible return. (Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack)
- Dogora attacks London, causing 3.9 million deaths. (GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters)
This is a list of references for 2002. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.