From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
In the real world[edit | edit source]
- Monster Island is cancelled.
- Matango is released on August 11 in Japan.
- Atragon is released on December 22 in Japan.
- Eiji Tsuburaya establishes his own studio, Tsuburaya Productions, so that he can work on side projects in addition to working with Toho.
In fiction[edit | edit source]
- A ship becomes stranded on an island off the coast of Japan populated by "mushroom people" called Matango. Only a single survivor is recovered and brought back to Japan, where he tells the story of what happened to the others. It is eventually discovered that he too is slowly being assimilated by the Matango. (Matango)
- The ancient civilization of Mu prepares to attack the modern world, along with their sea dragon guardian Manda. However, the advanced submarine, the Gotengo, intervenes and saves humanity. (Atragon)
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.