Gamera vs. Zigra (1971)
Gamera vs. Zigra (ガメラ対深海怪獣ジグラ is a Gamera tai Shinkai Kaijū Jigura, lit. Gamera vs. Deep-Sea Monster Zigra)1971 tokusatsu kaiju film produced by Daiei Motion Picture Company and is the seventh entry in the Gamera series. Gamera vs. Zigra was released to Japanese theaters on July 17, 1971. It was released in the United States in 1985 by Sandy Frank through King Features Syndication.
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
To be added.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Noriaki Yuasa
- Written by Nisan Takahashi
- Produced by Hidemasa Nagata
- Music by Shunsuke Kikuchi
- Cinematography by Akira Uehara
- Edited by Zenko Miyazaki
- Production design by Akira Inoue
- Assistant directing by Masami Akise
- Special effects by Kazuo Fujii
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Eiko Yanami as Woman X / Chikako Sugawara
- Reiko Kasahara as Kiyoko Ishikawa
- Mikiko Tsubouchi as Mrs. Ishikawa
- Koji Fujiyama as Dr. Tom Wallace
- Isamu Saeki as Dr. Yosuke Ishikawa
- Shin Minatsu as Kamogawa Sea World Staff
- Arlene Zoellner as Margie Wallace
- Gloria Zoellner as Helen Wallace
- Yasushi Sakagami as Kenichi Ishikawa
- Keiichi Noda as Zigra (voice)
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- Main article: Gamera vs. Zigra/Gallery.
- Main article: Gamera vs. Zigra (Soundtrack).
DVD and Blu-ray Releases
Shout! Factory DVD (2010)
- Region: 1
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese (1.0 Mono), English (1.0 Mono)
- Special Features: Photo galleries
- Notes: Both versions of the film use the same Japanese video track. Packaged with Gamera: Super Monster.
Mill Creek DVD (2014) [Gamera: Legacy Collection]
- Region: 1
- Discs: 4
- Audio: Japanese (1.0 Mono)
- Special Features: None
- Notes: Packaged with Gamera, Gamera vs. Barugon, Gamera vs. Gyaos, Gamera vs. Viras, Gamera vs. Guiron, Gamera vs. Jiger, Gamera: Super Monster, Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion, and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris.
Mill Creek Blu-ray (2014) [Gamera: Ultimate Collection, Volume 2]
- Region: N/A
- Discs: 2
- Audio: Japanese (Dolby Digital 2.0)
- Special Features: None
- Notes: Packaged with Gamera vs. Guiron, Gamera vs. Jiger, and Gamera: Super Monster.
- Gamera vs. Zigra was released by Dainichi Film Distribution Co., Ltd (ＤＮ ダイニチ映配株式会社, which was the result of Dainichi Eihai Kabushiki-Gaisha)Daiei and Nikkatsu Corporation merging to share distribution costs.
- Gamera vs. Zigra was released theatrically in Japan as part of a triple feature with re-releases of the 1958 film Red Armored Suzunosuke Three Eyed Birdman (赤胴鈴之助 三つ目の鳥人 and the 1969 film Akado Suzunosuke mittsume no chōjin)Yokai Monsters: Along with Ghosts, the third film in the Yokai Monsters trilogy.
- Noriaki Yuasa proposed another Gamera film for the following year, Gamera vs. Two-Headed Monster W, but the company's bankruptcy ended the series until 1980.
- After this film's release and the announcement that Daiei had gone bankrupt, a riot broke out at the studio, causing a fire that destroyed all of the studio equipment used for the Gamera films.
- The English dub of Gamera vs. Zigra, as released by Sandy Frank Film Syndication, was featured on Season 3 of the movie-mocking television series Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was also riffed on the show during its original broadcast on the Minneapolis-area station KTMA.
- Gamera vs. Zigra was released in theaters exactly a week before Godzilla vs. Hedorah, another kaiju film dealing with pollution and its effects on sea life.
- Gamera vs. Zigra was filmed on location at Kamagowa Sea World and around Kamagowa City. The special effects scenes were also filmed on a small set of the area around Sea World, with none of the miniatures destroyed.
This is a list of references for Gamera vs. Zigra. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 3 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.