Godzilla vs. the Tigers (2022)
Awakening of the tiger warrior (虎戦士覚醒)
Godzilla vs. the Tigers (ゴジラVSタイガース is a Gojira buiesu Taigāsu)2022 short film directed by Toshifumi Shimizu for April Fool's Day. It is presented as a trailer for a nonexistent movie starring players of the Hanshin Tigers, a Nippon Professional Baseball team. When Godzilla suddenly attacks Koshien Stadium, the Tigers must use the giant robot Toraryu, a parody of Kiryu based on the Tigers' real-life mascot To-Lucky, to stop him. Both shorter and extended versions of the "trailer" were uploaded to the Godzilla Channel YouTube channel on March 31, 2022 (April 1 in Japanese time).
A merchandise campaign was launched in conjunction with the short and included limited-edition T-shirts and other goods, as well as an exclusive repaint of the Movie Monster Series Godziham-kun.
Godzilla has suddenly appeared. Amidst the destruction, it is reported that he is advancing toward the Koshien. In order to protect the sacred Koshien from Godzilla, the Toraryu Squad "Tigers" decide to launch the ultimate anti-Godzilla superweapon Toraryu (MechaTo-Lucky), which was developed in secret below the Koshien. This top-secret MT Development Project was deemed to be too dangerous, and thus remained incomplete. Ryutaro Umeno takes up the post of commander-in-chief against Godzilla, Yusuke Oyama independently investigates the mystery of Godzilla, Koji Chikamoto is the developer of MechaTo-Lucky, and Teruaki Sato boards MechaTo-Lucky as its pilot. As the winds of the Rokko Mountains rage on, each of them must face the destinies at the ends of their conflicts and battles... what will be the outcome of the match between Godzilla and the Tigers? A life-or-death championship with a full cast of Hanshin Tigers players is about to begin!!
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Toshifumi Shimizu
- Producer Go Miyazaki
- Assistant producer Mayumi Yanagihara
- Produced by Junichi Fujikawa, Matsutaro Tsuruga, Ryuji Ofuna, Shogo Kiyosu
- Production assistants Ryotaro Koike, Taichiro Kubota
- Stock music by Michiru Oshima
- Cinematography by Tomoji Ikeda, Naoki Wakabayashi, Michitaka Yamana
- Special effects cinematographer Keiichi Sakurai
- Production design by Kohei Sugiyama
- Edited by Shigeru Murata
- Color grading by Takuya Mera
- Visual effects by Shunya Hirota, Hiroki Tamukai
- Sound effects by Yutaka Tominaga
- Audio post-production by Takashi Muramatsu
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Ryutaro Umeno as himself, commander-in-chief of the Tigers
- Yusuke Oyama as himself, Tigers member studying Godzilla
- Koji Chikamoto as himself, Toraryu's developer
- Teruaki Sato as himself, Toraryu's pilot
- Yoko Sato as baseball announcer (voice)
- Naoya Matsumoto as Godzilla
- Godzilla previously fought To-Lucky during a Tigers game on May 14, 2019.
This is a list of references for Godzilla vs. the Tigers. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 10 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.