The Great Buddha Arrival (2018)
You can not reach Sukhavati without watching this. (これを観ずして極楽浄土には行けません。)
— Tagline, Jun Miura
The Great Buddha Arrival (大仏廻国 is a 2018 Daibutsu Kaikoku)tokusatsu kaiju film produced by 3Y Film. A remake of the lost 1934 film of the same name, made with the cooperation of director Yoshiro Edamasa's grandson, it was released in Japan on December 15, 2018. Additional footage with new actors was shot to extend the film's run time for international distribution, with still more footage shot for a Japanese theatrical release in 2020, termed the Final Edition.
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
To be added.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Hiroto Yokokawa
- Written by Hiroto Yokokawa, Yuki Yonezawa, Kazuma Yoneyama, Kensaku Sakai
- Produced by Hiroto Yokokawa, Avery Guerra
- Music by Hiromi Shinoda
- Production design by Takuma Asai, Karin Yamada, Ryo Kimoto, Hiroki Ishikawa
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Masanori Kikuzawa as Yoshiro Edamasa
- Kazuma Yoneyama as Murata
- Iwata Momoka as Momorun
- Takashi Yasuda
- Iku Hasegawa
- Ai Aoki
- Shelley Sweeney as Canadian interviewer
- Peggy Neal as Dr. Mary Lisa Gleason
- Norman England as American newscaster
- Inge Murata as Chancellor of Germany
- Philip Granger as President of the United States
- Ippei Osako as Producer Tanaka
- Yuki Morita as Announcer Sakano
- Toshi Toda as James "Toshi" Maxwell
- Yoshihiko Otsuki as Physicist
- Junichiro Nirasawa as Paranormal researcher
- Yukijiro Hotaru as Detective Osaki
- Akira Takarada as Storyteller
- Yoshiro Uchida as Mayor Sakurai (international version and Final Edition)
- Yukiko Kobayashi as Yuko Murata (international version and Final Edition)
- Akira Kubo as Prime Minister Maki (international version and Final Edition)
- Shiro Sano as Newscaster Miyakura (Final Edition)
- Bin Furuya as Kazuyoshi Edamasa (Final Edition)
- Robert Scott Field
3Y Films held an unsuccessful Kickstarter for The Great Buddha Arrival from March to April 2018, raising $755 out of a $2,696 goal. A second crowdfunding campaign on Makuake fared much better, far exceeding its ¥1,000,000 target with ¥1,481,000 in donations.
This is a list of references for The Great Buddha Arrival. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 4 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.