Hoshi 35 (2023)
|This article concerns a recently-released film or other piece of media.
More information will be added to the article as it becomes available.
Hoshi 35 (
On November 16, 2022, Hiroto Yokokawa posted a casting call on social media for a yet-untitled kaiju movie to be written and directed by him.
On November 26, during the Megumi Odaka anniversary event at Ikebukuro HUMAX Cinemas, Yokokawa's next project was announced to be Hoshi 35, starring Odaka and set for release in October of 2023. Crowdfunding was launched for the project at the same time through Makuake, and it reached its goal of ¥1 million within the same day (in Japan). Donations will continue to be accepted until February.
The first teaser trailer and poster for Hoshi 35 were released alongside its announcement on November 26, 2022. The main trailer and two more posters were released on June 13, 2023.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Hiroto Yokokawa
- Co-directed by Kazuma Yoneyama, Daisuke Sato
- Associate director Kazuma Yoneyama
- Written by Hiroto Yokokawa, Akihiro Ugajin
- Associate writer Kensaku Sakai
- Planned by Akihiro Ugajin, Yamato Watanabe, Hiroto Yokokawa
- Executive producer Takashi Yasuda
- Consulting producer Avery Guerra
- Music by Yuya Yata
- Cinematography by Daisuke Sato
- Production design by Takuma Asai, Karin Yamada, Ryo Kimoto
- Director of special effects Daisuke Sato
- Monster modeling by Takuma Asai, Daisuke Sato
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Megumi Odaka as Aki
- Yoko Ishino as Yukari
- Megumi Kobayashi as Mari
- Rin Matsumiya as Aki (35 years ago)
- Karin Nishina as Yukari (35 years ago)
- Juna Moriyama as Mari (35 years ago)
- Hiroshi Miyasaka as Suzuki
- Mai Saito
- Yumiko Tanaka as Haru
- Daijiro Harada as Himuro
- Yukijiro Hotaru as Kamiya
- Jun Hashizume as Mizuno
- Masanori Kikuzawa as Hakase
- Yoshinori Tanaka as Mizuno (35 years ago)
- Yucai as Eri
- Oki Sugiyama
- Madoka Watanabe
- Yuu Hanaya
- Yuumi Kuroi
- Ko Yoshida
- Koya Fukuda
- Junichi Kodama
- Ryotaro Fujiyama
- Yamato Watanabe
- Takashi Yasuda
- Koichiro Takamura
- Nomaru Abe
- Noboru Sato
- Robert Scott
- Akihiro Ugajin as Gen, Aki's father
- Shinzo Hotta as Ken
- Shoko Nakajima as Baby Hoshikuzu (voice)
- Akira Ohashi as Hoshikuzu
- Main article: Hoshi 35/Gallery.
- According to director Hiroto Yokokawa, the "35" in the film's title holds several meanings; 2023 is Megumi Odaka's 35th year as an actress, the 35th year since the beginning of the Heisei era, and the year Yokokawa turns 35 years old.
- The official English-language site for Hoshi 35 plagiarizes its opening paragraph and credits list from an earlier revision of this page.
This is a list of references for Hoshi 35. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 22 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.