Toho Unused Special Effects Complete Collection (1986)
Toho Unused Special Effects Complete Collection (東宝特撮未使用フィルム大全集 is a 1986 documentary directed by Tōhō Tokusatsu Mishiyō Firumu Taizenshū, lit. Toho Special Effects Unused Film Complete Works)Koichi Kawakita and released to VHS by Toho Video. It features deleted scenes and bloopers from the company's science fiction and war films, primarily those whose special effects were directed by Eiji Tsuburaya, as well as interviews with key staff members. The score is comprised of re-orchestrated classic Toho kaiju film music by Akira Ifukube that was released as the album OSTINATO. Though bootleg versions began circulating in the U.S. in the 1990s, it did not officially become available there until 2019, when it was included as a bonus feature on The Criterion Collection's Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954–1975 Blu-ray box set.
- Godzilla (1954)
- The Mysterians (1957)
- The Storm of the Pacific (1960)
- Mothra (1961)
- Gorath (1962)
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
- Attack Squadron (1963)
- Atragon (1963)
- Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
- Dogora (1964)
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)
- Frankenstein vs. Baragon (1965)
- Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
- The War of the Gargantuas (1966)
- King Kong Escapes (1967)
- Destroy All Monsters (1968)
- Admiral Yamamoto (1968)
- Latitude Zero (1969)
- Battle of the Japan Sea (1969)
- Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
- Submersion of Japan (1973)
- Imperial Navy (1981)
- Bye-Bye Jupiter (1984)
- Zero (1984)
- Main article: Toho Unused Special Effects Complete Collection/Credits.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Koichi Kawakita
- Produced by Keiji Yabuki
- Supervised by Tomoyuki Tanaka
- Music by Akira Ifukube
- Cinematography by Keiichi Sakurai, Fujio Okawa
- Edited by Yoshimasa Tsuda
- Narration by Kumi Mizuno
- Koji Hashimoto, director
- Ishiro Honda, director
- Seiji Maruyama, director
- Shue Matsubayashi, director
- Teruyoshi Nakano, special effects director
- Tomoyuki Tanaka, producer
- Main article: Toho Unused Special Effects Complete Collection/Gallery.
- Toho Special Effects Unused Film Complete Works (literal Japanese title)
- The music used in the opening is "Conquest" by Douglas Wood of Omnimusic. The music used for the end credits is "Space Overture" by David Barnett, also made for Omnimusic, which was later used in the 1994 attraction Monster Planet of Godzilla, also directed by Koichi Kawakita.
Showing 3 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.
<comments voting="Plus" />