I wanted viewers to feel sorry for Godzilla, and I think I succeeded. The existence of Godzilla itself is a dilemma. Godzilla is a living conflict of evil and sadness.
— Koji Hashimoto in an interview with Toho SF Special Effects Movie Series Vol. 1
Koji Hashimoto (橋本 幸治 was a Hashimoto Kōji)Japanese film director and producer. He was best known for directing two major science-fiction films for Toho in 1984, Bye-Bye Jupiter and The Return of Godzilla. They were his only two directorial jobs after over 70 assignments as an assistant director, including several Ishiro Honda kaiju films and one Akira Kurosawa film, Dodes'ka-den. Following The Return of Godzilla, Hashimoto become a producer for Toho. He passed away of coronary heart disease on January 9, 2005 at the age of 69.
2nd assistant director
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) [with Kunihiko Watanabe]
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964) [with Kunmei Takahashi, Hiroyasu Sunahara]
- Frankenstein vs. Baragon (1965) [with Yoichi Matsue, Masaaki Hisamatsu]
- Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
- Latitude Zero (1969) [with Hiroyasu Sunahara]
- All Monsters Attack (1969)
- Prophecies of Nostradamus (1974) [with Tsunesaburo Nishikawa, Makoto Yasuda, Takao Okawara, Kazuo Masamori]
- Magnitude 7.9 (1980) [with Kensho Yamashita, Kunio Miyoshi]
1st assistant director
- Submersion of Japan (1973)
This is a list of references for Koji Hashimoto. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.
<comments voting="Plus" />