Shinichiro Kobayashi (小林 晋一郎 is a Kobayashi Shin'ichirō)Japanese dentist and current visiting professor at Kanagawa Dental University Junior College. Outside of his career in dentistry, Kobayashi has worked as a writer and designer for tokusatsu projects.
As a high school student he submitted 13 monster designs and story ideas to Tsuburaya Productions, with one story being selected and adapted into the Return of Ultraman episode "The Life That Can't Be Forgiven", which also featured Kobayashi's original monster Leogon. Kobayashi later submitted the winning story proposal in the competition to determine Toho's 17th Godzilla film, which became 1989's Godzilla vs. Biollante. Though he did not receive a writing credit on 1994's Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, Kobayashi wrote an early draft called Godzilla vs. NeoGodzilla which introduced the idea of Godzilla's extraterrestrial doppelganger being crystalline in nature.
Kobayashi has also authored, co-written, and contributed to several publications about tokusatsu, primarily related to the Ultra Series and Godzilla franchise.
- Return of Ultraman (TV 1971) - writer [episode 34, "The Life That Can't Be Forgiven"]
- Mirrorman (TV 1971-1972) - original monster design [episode 3, "The Dark Express Vanishes"]
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) - original story
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994) - original story [Godzilla vs. NeoGodzilla]
- Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999) - cooperation
Showing 3 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.