James Stokoe is a Canadian comic book writer and artist. He is the creator of the comic book series Orc Stain and part of the Yosh Comics studio along with his wife Marley Zarcone, Corey Lewis, and Brandon Graham. In 2009, he drew a short Godzilla fan comic called "World War G," in which Godzilla battled a futuristic military force. When IDW Publishing acquired the comic license to Godzilla, "World War G" inspired editor Bobby Curnow to contact Stokoe. As a "tryout," he drew a five-page battle between Godzilla and Hedorah, scripted by Chris Mowry. Stokoe ultimately wrote and illustrated the 2012 miniseries Godzilla: The Half-Century War, and has contributed to several other Godzilla comics from IDW Publishing. His "tryout" is included in Godzilla Treasury Edition, a compilation of his work on IDW's Godzilla comics.
Selected comic book credits
- Godzilla: Gangsters & Goliaths (2011) - Cover [issue #2]
- Godzilla: The Half-Century War (2012-2014) - Writer / artist [issues #1-5]
- Godzilla in Hell (2015) - Writer / artist [issue #1]
- Godzilla: Oblivion (2016) - Subscription covers [issues #1-5]
- Godzilla Treasury Edition (2016) - Writer / artist [compilation of Stokoe's work on IDW's Godzilla comics]
- Godzilla by James Stokoe Deluxe Edition (2023) - Writer / artist / cover [compilation of Stokoe's work on IDW's Godzilla comics]
This is a list of references for James Stokoe. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.