Making his debut in 1966, Shimon rose to popularity during the 1970s, providing theme and insert songs for a number of anime and tokusatsu series. Regarded as one of the "big three" classic anime singers alongside Ichiro Mizuki and Isao Sasaki, he also created songs for film, such as Godzilla vs. Megalon's ending theme "Godzilla and Jet Jaguar: Punch! Punch! Punch!" and a promotional song for the Japanese release of the original Star Wars. Shimon's biggest work was inarguably the 1975 song "Swim! Taiyaki" which became the first ever single to debut at number one on the Oricon weekly chart, remaining there for 11 consecutive weeks and surpassing Shiro Maya's "The Way of a Woman" as the best-selling song of Japan. He was also an occasional actor and voice actor, providing the voice of Jumborg Ace as well as screams used in Kamen Rider Amazon's transformation sequence, and dubbing over Peter Marshall as the radio show host Bert Healy in the Japanese release of the 1982 film, Annie.
- Good Morning! Kid's Show (TV 1965-1980) - "Roar! King Kong's Motto" / "King Kong Dance" [King Kong tie-in]
- Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966) - "Bride of Godzilla" / "Rock Rock Godzilla" [1972 release]
- Ultraseven (TV 1967-1968) - "THE THEME SONG OF ULTRA-7" / "ULTRA-7" [Hawaiian release]
- Redman (TV 1972) - "Redman" / "Sunset Redman"
- Triple Fighter (TV 1972) - "Song of Triple Fighter" / "Triple Fighter's Vow" [as Akira Tani]
- Iron King (TV 1972-1973) - "Iron King" / "A Lone Journey"
- Daigoro vs. Goliath (1972) - "Daigoro vs. Goliath" / "My Uncle"
- Fireman (TV 1973) - "Fireman" / "Into the Blue Depths" / "Burn Like a Flame"
- Jumborg Ace (TV 1973) - "Jumborg Ace" / "Fight! Jumborg 9" / "Shine! P.A.T" [as Akira Tani]
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) - "Godzilla and Jet Jaguar: Punch! Punch! Punch!" / "Defeat Megalon"
- Zone Fighter (TV 1973) - "Zone Fighter" / "Meteor Victory"
- Army of the Apes (TV 1974-1975) - "Army of the Apes"
- Dinosaur Expedition Born Free (TV 1976-1977) - "Go! Born Free" / "Dinosaurs Forever"
- Pro-Wrestling Star Azteckaiser (TV 1976-1977) - "Come On! Azteckaiser" / "Fight! Azteckaiser"
- Jumborg Ace (TV 1973) as Jumborg Ace [voice, episodes 3-25; uncredited]
- Army of the Apes (TV 1974-1975) as Guitar player [episode 7]
- Including, but not limited to:
- Koichi Fuji (藤 浩一 Fuji Kōichi)
- Koichi Fujikawa (藤川 浩一 Fujikawa Kōichi)
- Hirokazu Fuji (藤 ひろかず Fuji Hirokazu)
- Motomi Tsubaki (椿 もとみ Tsubaki Motomi)
- Akira Tani (谷 あきら Tani Akira)
- Ren Hiroa (大安 蓮 Hiroa Ren)
- Fumio Fukawa (布川 富美雄 Fukawa Fumio)
- Ken Shiba (司馬 拳 Shiba Ken)
- Peter Simon (ピーター・サイモン Pītā Saimon)
- Satanta (サタンタ)
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.