Akihiko Iguchi (井口 昭彦, born Akihiko Takahashi Iguchi Akihiko) (高橋 昭彦 and also known by the mononymous signature Akihiko Takahashi Akihiko) (
Special effects art director
- Mighty Jack (TV 1968) [unknown number of episodes]
- Fight! Mighty Jack (TV 1968) [episodes 2-3, 7-8, 11-13, 16-18, 21-22, 25-26]
- Return of Ultraman (TV 1971-1972) [episodes 13-14, 20-21, 24-25, 28-51; as Akihiko Takahashi]
- Ultraman Ace (TV 1972-1973) [episodes 5-22, 25-52; as Akihiko Takahashi][note 1]
- Ultra Seven 99 (1999)
- Megaloman (TV 1979) [as Akihiko Takahashi]
- Cyber Cop (TV 1988-1989)
- Ultra Seven: Operation Solar Energy (1994)
- Ultra Seven: Planet of the Earthlings (1994)
- Moon Over Tao (1997)
- Ultra Seven 99 (1999) [with Jin Watanabe]
- Booska! Booska!! (TV 1999-2000)
- Ultra Seven Evolution (2002)
- Otasuke Girl (TV 2003)
- Metal Kaiser (TV 2007)
- Ultraman (TV 1966-1967) - Assistant special effects art director [uncredited]
- Ultraman Taro (TV 1973-1974) - Title artist [as Akihiko Takahashi]
- Submersion of Japan (1973) - Assistant special effects art director [uncredited]
- Prophecies of Nostradamus (1974) - Assistant special effects art director [uncredited]
- Space Wolf (TV 1978) - Art designer [episodes 3-12; with Osamu Yamaguchi, Shinichi Kamisawa, Sumio Takimoto]
- Ultra Seven (1998) - Designer [episodes 1-3]
- Ultraman Neos (TV 2000-2001) - Art designer
- AKARI (2022) - Character designer (Pythagodon)
- Booska! Booska!! (TV 1999-2000) as mayor of Dream Town [episodes 11, 28, 34]
- Spyler (Zone Fighter)
- Wargilgar (Zone Fighter)
- Mechagodzilla (Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla)
- King Caesar (Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla)
- Giant slugs (Prophecies of Nostradamus)
- Soft-bodied humans (Prophecies of Nostradamus)
- Titanosaurus (Terror of Mechagodzilla)
- Various (Megaloman)
- Pythagodon (AKARI)
- Akihiko Iguchi was long rumored to have designed Gigan, Megalon, and Jet Jaguar, but has openly denied having any involvement with Godzilla vs. Gigan or Godzilla vs. Megalon. In actuality, Iguchi's first work for the Godzilla series came in 1974's Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla as the designer of Mechagodzilla and King Caesar. While the artist(s) responsible for Megalon and Jet Jaguar remain unknown, Gigan's designer was later discovered to be Shōnen Magazine illustrator, Takayoshi Mizuki.
- ↑ Episodes 5-22 with Toshiro Aoki.
This is a list of references for Akihiko Iguchi. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
- Nakamura, Satoshi; Shiraishi, Masahiko; Aita, Tetsuo; Tomoi, Taketo; Shimazaki, Jun; Maruyama, Takeshi; Shimizu, Toshifumi; Hayakawa, Masaru (29 November 2014). Godzilla Toho Champion Festival Perfection. ASCII MEDIA WORKS. ISBN 978-4-04-866999-3.
- Murase, Keizo (24 September 2015). Monster Maker: Keizo Murase - Treasured KAIJU Photobook. Yosensha. ISBN 978-4-8003-0756-9.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.