Noriyoshi Ohrai (生頼範義 was a Ōrai Noriyoshi)Japanese illustrator. He is famous for illustrating the posters for many kaiju and science fiction films and games from the late 1960's until the early 2000's, notably the Godzilla and Star Wars films, and the Metal Gear series of video games. Ohrai passed away from pneumonia on October 27, 2015, at the age of 79.
- Submersion of Japan (1973)
- The Return of Godzilla (1984)
- King Kong Lives (1986)
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)
- Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero (TV 1993)
- Yamato Takeru (1994)
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994)
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995)
- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000)
- Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
- Sinking of Japan (2006)
Poster for The Return of Godzilla
Poster for Godzilla vs. Biollante
Poster for Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Poster for Godzilla vs. Mothra
Poster for Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II
Poster for Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla
Poster for Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
Poster for Godzilla vs. Megaguirus
Poster for Godzilla: Final Wars
Artwork of Godzilla and several other kaiju
Godzilla 1954 artwork
Poster for King Kong Lives
Promotional artwork for the Japanese home video release of Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero
Poster for Yamato Takeru
Poster for Sinking of Japan
- Ohrai's artwork for Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II is notable in that it shows a depiction of Transforming Mechagodzilla, the predecessor to the Heisei Mechagodzilla, as well as Shinji Nishikawa's unused female Rodan design. This artwork is one of the few instances in Toho's productions where an unused or unmade monster has an official appearance in a complete product or publication by the company.
- Unlike other films for which he created artwork, Ohrai received a credit for "poster illustration" in the end credits to Sinking of Japan.
Showing 3 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.