This article is missing citations or references to back up most things within it.
Please help out by finding a reliable source to add to this article. Otherwise, take what is said here with a grain of salt.
After graduating from university in 1984, he and lifelong friend Toshio Miike joined the Tokusatsu Research Institute within Toei Studios Tokyo. He joined the art staff of the Sentai series Choudenshi Bioman that same year and continued to work in a similar capacity on other shows until 1990, when he made his debut as a director of special effects on Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman. In 1997, Butsuda received the Special Video Technology Award at the 20th Japan Academy Film Prize for his work on the film The Peking Man and became a representative of the Tokusatsu Research Institute the following year. Included among his nearly four-decade long filmography are the 1993 Toei-Tsuburaya co-production Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider, the 2006 Minoru Kawasaki comedy The World Sinks Except Japan, and 2022's What to Do with the Dead Kaiju?.
Selected filmography[edit | edit source]
- Princess from the Moon (1987) - Assistant special effects art director
- Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider (1993) - Director / storyboardist
- The World Sinks Except Japan (2006) - Director of special effects
- Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit (2008) - Special effects advisor
- Kaiju Ward Gallas (2019) - Supervisor
- What to Do with the Dead Kaiju? (2022) - Director of special effects
Selected bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Special Effects Master Hiroshi Butsuda's World (2012) - Author
[edit | edit source]
- Hiroshi Butsuda at RangerWiki
- Hiroshi Butsuda at Kamen Rider Wiki
- Hiroshi Butsuda and Toshio Miike interview (published 10/21/2015, in Japanese)
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for Hiroshi Butsuda. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Super Sentai Official 21st Century Mook Vol. 8: Engine Sentai Go-onger. Kodansha. 25 May 2017. ISBN 978-4-06-509519-5.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.