|[citation(s) needed] — This article is missing references.
Please improve this article by including relevant citations.
As a reader, exercise caution when encountering unsourced statements.
Hiroshi Butsuda (佛田 洋, also known as Hiroshi Harada Butsuda Hiroshi) (原田 洋, Harada Hiroshi) is a Japanese director of special effects best known for his work on Toei's Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series. He is currently the president and chief executive officer of the Tokusatsu Laboratory, which he and lifelong friend Toshio Miike joined in 1984 after graduating from university. He first participated in the art staff of the Sentai series Bioman that same year and continued to work in a similar capacity on other shows until 1990, when he made his debut as a special effects director on Fiveman.
Butsuda was honored with a Special Video Technology Award at the 1997 Japanese Academy Awards for his work on the film The Peking Man. Over the course of his nearly four-decade long career, he has directed for projects including the 1993 Toei-Tsuburaya co-production Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider, Shinji Higuchi's 2005 directorial debut Lorelei: The Witch of the Pacific Ocean, and Toei and Shochiku's 2022 film What to Do with the Dead Kaiju?. He has also acted as a supervisor/advisor to Minoru Kawasaki on his films The World Sinks Except Japan (2006) and Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit (2008). In 2023, Butsuda directed tokusatsu portions for a Shin Japan Heroes Universe commercial featuring a giant mechanical amalgamation of Godzilla, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Evangelion Unit-01.
- Princess from the Moon (1987) - Assistant special effects art director
- Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider (1993) - Director / storyboardist
- Sakuya (2000) - Fissure effects advisor
- Lorelei: The Witch of the Pacific Ocean (2005) - Director of special effects [with Shinji Higuchi]
- The World Sinks Except Japan (2006) - Special effects supervisor
- Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit (2008) - Special effects advisor
- Kaiju Ward Gallas (2019) - Supervisor
- What to Do with the Dead Kaiju? (2022) - Director of special effects
- S.J.H.U. Project: Shin Universe Robo commercial (2023) - Director / storyboardist
- Special Effects Master Hiroshi Butsuda's World (2012) - Author
- Hiroshi Butsuda at RangerWiki
- Hiroshi Butsuda at Kamen Rider Wiki
- Hiroshi Butsuda and Toshio Miike interview (published 10/21/2015, in Japanese)
This is a list of references for Hiroshi Butsuda. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
- Super Sentai Official 21st Century Mook Vol. 8: Engine Sentai Go-onger. Kodansha. 25 May 2017. ISBN 978-4-06-509519-5.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.