If Godzilla is king of the monsters, then my friend Shinichi Wakasa is the king's hand.
Shinichi Wakasa (若狭新一 is a Wakasa Shinichi)Japanese model maker and special effects makeup artist. Wakasa worked as a special effects technician and suit sculptor for every Toho-produced Godzilla film from 1993 to 2004, along with several other kaiju films produced by Toho and Daiei. Wakasa is the founder of MONSTERS Inc., a sculpting company that created the kaiju suits for the majority of the films on which Wakasa worked.
In 1980, at the age of 20, Wakasa founded MONSTERS Inc., his own professional special effects sculpting company. That same year, Wakasa worked on Tsuburaya Productions' series Ultraman 80, where he was in charge of sculpting the monster suits. Wakasa's first major film work came in 1991, where he served as the chief makeup artist for Toho's horror film My Soul is Slashed, directed by Shusuke Kaneko. Wakasa would go on to serve as the chief suit maker for Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II, which arguably launched his career as one of Japan's premiere tokusatsu artists. Wakasa performed the same role for the remaining two Godzilla films of the Heisei series, and reunited with Kaneko for Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion in 1996. Wakasa continued to work as the chief suit maker for the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy from 1996 to 1998.
Starting with Rebirth of Mothra III, Wakasa began being credited as a "model producer" on his films, the first ever individual credited with this position. Wakasa worked as the model producer for every film in the Millennium series, with the exception of Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. While Wakasa has not worked on a kaiju film since 2004, he has occasionally worked as a makeup technician on other films since then. Wakasa has also made appearances at G-Fest, and in 2017 published his book Godzilla - King of Monstermaker.
- Ultraman 80 (TV 1980-1981) - Suit maker
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993) - Suit maker
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994) - Suit maker
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995) - Suit maker
- Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion (1996) - Suit maker
- Rebirth of Mothra (1996) - Suit maker
- Rebirth of Mothra II (1997) - Suit maker
- Rebirth of Mothra III (1998) - Model producer
- Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999) - Model producer
- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000) - Model producer
- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) - Model producer
- Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2003) - Model producer
- Godzilla: Final Wars (2004) - Model producer
- Monster Maker: Keizo Murase - Treasured KAIJU Photobook (2015) - Supervisor [with Yuji Nishimura]
- Godzilla - King of Monstermaker (2017) - Author
- Rodan (Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II)
- Mechagodzilla (Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II) [supervised]
- Soldier Legion
- Mothra Leo, King Ghidorah (Rebirth of Mothra III)
- Godzilla (Godzilla 2000: Millennium)
- Orga [supervised]
- Godzilla (Godzilla vs. Megaguirus)
- Godzilla (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.)
- Kiryu [supervised]
- Mothra (Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.)
- Godzilla, Minilla, Mothra, Anguirus, Rodan, Ebirah, Kamacuras, Kumonga, Hedorah, King Caesar, Gigan, Monster X / Keizer Ghidorah (Godzilla: Final Wars)
This is a list of references for Shinichi Wakasa. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.
<comments voting="Plus" />