Masaaki Tezuka (手塚 昌明 is a Tezuka Masaaki)Japanese director. He became interested in filmmaking after seeing King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) in a sold-out theater. After graduating from Nihon University, he directed made-for-TV films for Hori Productions. His work with Toho began in 1978 when he served as an assistant director and producer for Oyome ni Yukimasu. Toho hired him as an in-house assistant director following the production of 47 Ronin (1994), and he worked as the 1st AD on movies including Rebirth of Mothra 2 (1997) and Rebirth of Mothra 3 (1998). His first directorial assignment for the company was Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000), and he went on to helm Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) and Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (2003).
- Bye-Bye Jupiter (1984)
- Princess from the Moon (1987)
- Reiko, Psyche Resurrected (1991)
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)
1st assistant director
- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000)
- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002)
- Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (2003)
- Go! Godman (2008)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993) as G-Force Second Lieutenant Masaaki Tezuka
- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000) as teacher
- Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001) as JSDF officer
- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) as Kiryu dock worker
- Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (2003) as scientist in monster DNA repository
- Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001) - 2nd unit special effects director [uncredited]
- Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (2003) - Screenwriter [with Masahiro Yokotani]
Tezuka (right)'s cameo in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
Masaaki Tezuka with Kiryu
- All of Tezuka's cameos in the Godzilla films that he directed are in their post-credit scenes.
- Each of Tezuka's Godzilla films features a prominent actor from the Showa era in a supporting role: Yuriko Hoshi in Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, Kumi Mizuno in Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla, and Hiroshi Koizumi in Godzilla: Tokyo SOS.
- The DNA of a monster named "Tezuka" (テズーカ is stored among the canisters in the post-credits scene of Tokyo SOS, though it is not visible onscreen. Tezūka) The date it was collected, 1/24/1955, is Masaaki Tezuka's birthday.
This is a list of references for Masaaki Tezuka. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
- Kimura, Manabu, ed. (21 December 2016). Godzilla Against Type-3 Kiryu (Mechagodzilla) Completion. Hobby Japan. ISBN 978-4-7986-1353-6.
- Matsui, Satoshi, ed. (1 January 2004). Godzilla: Tokyo SOS Super Complete Works. Shogakukan. ISBN 4-09-101493-3.
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.